NCAA tourney gambling game - 8 people "draft" 8 teams

brokenloginagain

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2006
Does anybody else do this instead of the typical bracket game?

We take 8 people in our office and do a "snake" draft so everyone gets 8 teams. You need 8 wins to breakeven. Our group is mixed between sports/basketball diehards and some who barely watch a single game all year.

This year, the guy who picked 6th went 8-0 in the first round - he had Wich St, Syracuse, SF Austin, and MDSU!! Crazy - he had them all. Of course, if they were all to lose next round he'd only break even.

I've found this kind of game way more fun than just submitting a bracket.

clonehenge

Apr 14, 2006
Tried this back in 2012 with 6-7 guys from work...it was my idea because I thought it would be fun.

My top two picks were #2 Duke and #2 Mizzou who both realized that I had chosen them as my breadwinners and so they proceeded to lose in the first round...I was done after that first round...I quickly came to the conclusion that it was no longer fun or a good idea.

cloneteach

Nov 19, 2009
Does anybody else do this instead of the typical bracket game?

We take 8 people in our office and do a "snake" draft so everyone gets 8 teams. You need 8 wins to breakeven. Our group is mixed between sports/basketball diehards and some who barely watch a single game all year.

This year, the guy who picked 6th went 8-0 in the first round - he had Wich St, Syracuse, SF Austin, and MDSU!! Crazy - he had them all. Of course, if they were all to lose next round he'd only break even.

I've found this kind of game way more fun than just submitting a bracket.

We do a draft. 8 teams, snake draft.

First round gets gets paid one dollar per seed, second round two dollars per seed, third round four dollars per seed.

Final four gets 15% each of remaining pot. Runner up gets 25%, champion gets 45%

also biggest loser in first round gets dollar per point they lose by.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
We do a draft. 8 teams, snake draft.

First round gets gets paid one dollar per seed, second round two dollars per seed, third round four dollars per seed.

Final four gets 15% each of remaining pot. Runner up gets 25%, champion gets 45%

also biggest loser in first round gets dollar per point they lose by.

Do the match for me- what kind of investment per person does that take?

yler4cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 23, 2009
Ankeny, IA
I do a pool where you pick any 8 teams out of the bracket. Then as that given team moves on you take the points per round and multiply it by their seed.

Here is my "entry sheet" explanation:

2016 NCAA Men's BBall Tourney Pick 8 Pool.

Welcome to the 2016 NCAA Men's BBall Tourney Pick 8 Pool. How this pool works is each entry will have picked a maximum of 8 teams out of the 68 team field. If you choose any of the play in games you will get both teams as they advance throughout the bracket. The round points will be as follows:

Round of 64 Win - 1pt
Round of 32 Win - 2pts
Sweet 16 Win - 4pts
Elite 8 Win - 8pts
Final 4 Win - 12pts
National Champion - 16pts

How the points are calculated, whatever teams you choose you would take their seed and multiply it by the points allotted per round. For instance, if you choose Belmont and they are a 12 seed, and they win the Round of 64 (1*12), Round of 32 (2*12) and Sweet 16 (4*12) that would give you a total of 84pts for just that team. The pool entries with the most accumulated points will win the pool. There is not a limit on the number of entries you can do. The # of spots paid out will be based off of the # of entries.

Good Luck!

gocubs2118

Mar 31, 2006
Illinois
We do a player draft. 8 teams, 3 rounds.

I had the 4th pick and ended up with Hield, Blueitt and Devin Williams. Of course, Williams ****ed me over last night.

Help Support Us

Become a patron