NCAA WBB - ISU vs Syracuse

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Rough day at the office. Only silver lining is now Syracuse gets to get destroyed by UConn. Still proud of the girls for the push they made to make the dance.

• Agree
Reactions: riceville98

SerenityNow

Dec 4, 2009
Central Iowa
Rough game all the way around. Turnovers, poor shooting, Syracuse automatic from deep. I'd just like see see the loss in single digits at this point.

Stanton327

Mar 19, 2015
5 threes in the first 5 minutes is unconscious!! I'll name drop here :D, but I had the pleasure of watching this with Mary Cofield, while we were both watching our daughters play BB today. Had a TV in the lobby with the game on. Mary still a great representative of ISU. One of us always is donning ISU gear when we see each other, and she is usually the one wearing it more than me.

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
Syracuse would compete for the Big 12 title. How many of our players would start for Syracuse? I can't think of one.

blood94

May 10, 2010
Better team won today. Syracuse had 10 players from National runner up from last year back. No way they are an 8 seed. That said after the first qrt played them even. Very proud of the girls for that. Isu has a lot of talent coming back and adding a good class of recruits cant wait for next year

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Dropped to 1-6 in our last six NCAA appearances. Not liking how this has been trending. :(

Hopefully we can get back above a middling .500 in conference and this one and done run.

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
I hope they beat UCONN in Storrs. If they can play like that Monday, Geno may not be very happy. It would be good for the game, IMO.
But they won't be able to "play that way" against UConn. Huskies have much more quickness than we do, will play up on the Syracuse shooters to not allow open treys, and will make them pay for the press. UConn beat them by 30 in the title game last year.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Won both qtrs. Still behind by 20. Shows what a disaster the 1st quarter was.

It was a disaster but after watching them play I think the Orange still wins even if we started the game over at 0-0 to start the second quarter. They didn't keep the peddle to the metal to crush us like a UCONN would do but they just looked like a much better team.

• Agree
Reactions: Tornado man

Jnecker4cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 18, 2006
Ankeny, IA
It was a disaster but after watching them play I think the Orange still wins even if we started the game over at 0-0 to start the second quarter. They didn't keep the peddle to the metal to crush us like a UCONN would do but they just looked like a much better team.

I would disagree a little. After the first quarter the game was pretty even. They made shots we did not and game still even for 3 quarters. They had 2 studs and a girl go off from 3. 3 girls scored 78 of there 85 pts. Athletically they were better but hit a few more shots and scrap the first 6 to 7 minutes we were even or better. Just not our day. I would also give the ladies much credit for not packing up the tent early and losing by 40. During 1 of 12 from 3. Many open looks, not her day.

Reactions: acoustimac

StClone

Dec 17, 2009
Wisconsin
Season has gone dry. Seanna never got to win in the post season, what a shame. Best of luck to all four Seniors. Sad to see it end.

200.gif

• Agree
Reactions: riceville98

Royalclone

Jun 22, 2008
Lee's Summit, MO
Jamie went out and got Dresser. Wonder what it would take to get BF to retire or take an admin job and get Brenda Frese to come back to the homeland.

riceville98

Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 17, 2008
Iowa
Jamie went out and got Dresser. Wonder what it would take to get BF to retire or take an admin job and get Brenda Frese to come back to the homeland.

That would be sweet but, doubt she would ever leave Maryland. She has a national program there and I think she's happy there but, that's a guess

cytor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2011

Make it happen. Sister Stacey would love it!

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
That would be sweet but, doubt she would ever leave Maryland. She has a national program there and I think she's happy there but, that's a guess

IMHO that has zero chance of happening. Fennelly's here forever unless he suddenly just gets sick of coaching or something and quits. I think he can just crank out 9-9 conference records and be perfectly safe from any change with NCAA bubble teams. I assume he wants his son to be the next coach but I don't think that is happening either. Figure another 5-6-7 years of rinse and repeat until something gives, maybe by then even JP is gone.

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
IMHO that has zero chance of happening. Fennelly's here forever unless he suddenly just gets sick of coaching or something and quits. I think he can just crank out 9-9 conference records and be perfectly safe from any change with NCAA bubble teams. I assume he wants his son to be the next coach but I don't think that is happening either. Figure another 5-6-7 years of rinse and repeat until something gives, maybe by then even JP is gone.
Bill still has some spunk: it didn't take him long to point out Carleton's and Durr's bad shooting on his post-game show.