Nebraska gives Scott Frost much deserved extension to only fire him.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
tenor.gif
Totally agree. But I think we all can agree frosty is a lot like franny. I want them to teabagged as much as possible. However, win JUUUSSt enough to keep them from getting fired. It guarantees the poop show will continue.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
99% chance they list Campbell as their main target and their fan base will think he’s for sure going.
If they did by some miracle get him this is how I picture it going during the first team meeting:

Prima donna player: I don't have to listen to this... <gets up to walk out>

Campbell: You certainly don't, pal, because the good news is you're fired.

• Funny
Reactions: cyclones500

20eyes

May 15, 2020
Totally agree. But I think we all can agree frosty is a lot like franny. I want them to teabagged as much as possible. However, win JUUUSSt enough to keep them from getting fired. It guarantees the poop show will continue.
I get what you're saying but the 'ole revolving door program works just as well (see Texas, KU). Nebraska is too stupid to understand the concept that it's not necessarily an insert coach here problem...it's a Nebraska problem. It's why I have zero fear that UNL could ever entice Matt. If anybody can understand that UNL refuses to stop shooting themselves in the d*ck, it's Matt Campbell.

• Agree
Reactions: VeloClone and JM4CY

cydsho

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Omaha, NE
Honestly I think the majority of fans know they won't be like they were in the 90s. But there are still so many that have been involved financially and other ways that their own self worth is somehow invested in Nebraska football.
But in summary my feelings are
LawfulGregariousAndeancockoftherock-size_restricted.gif

LarryISU

Feb 10, 2013
Omaha
That article failed to mention the AD also said they have about the most difficult schedule in the country. They play Oklahoma, Ohio State, Michigan, Wisconsin, Iowa, Northwestern, and (I swear he really said this) an Illinois that has given us a lot of trouble lately.

Well, yeah that sounds tough until you look at the details. Michigan just went 2-4. Wisconsin was 4-3. Iowa beat no one to prove if they were any good. Northwestern had a grad transfer QB that really paid off for just last year. And really? Illinois?

So I thought his "tough schedule" comment was just as comical as 8 to 9 wins.

• Agree
  • Haha
Reactions: Acylum and DSMCy

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
I’d like to know when the Oklahoma game was scheduled. IIRC it was fairly recently. Just another example of them overestimating their competitiveness.

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
If they did by some miracle get him this is how I picture it going during the first team meeting:

Prima donna player: I don't have to listen to this... <gets up to walk out>

Campbell: You certainly don't, pal, because the good news is you're fired.

Always. Be. Closing.

• Winner
Reactions: VeloClone

CyDawg23

Nov 13, 2017
@ Illinois - W
vs. Buffalo - L (Calling my shot here)
@ Oklahoma - L (absolute bloodbath)
@ Michigan State - L
vs. Northwestern - L
vs. Michigan - L
@ Minnesota - L
vs. Purdue - W
vs. Ohio State - L
vs. Southeastern Louisiana - W
@ Wisconsin - L
vs. Iowa - L
Don’t know much about the Southeastern Louisiana Lions program (is that where Bobby Boucher Jr went?), but I’ll be a huge fan this year.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I’d like to know when the Oklahoma game was scheduled. IIRC it was fairly recently. Just another example of them overestimating their competitiveness.
It had to have been before 2016 because in 2016 they scheduled another home & home with one another for 2029 and 2030.

Funny thing is that apparently Nebraska tried to get out of this years game because of their shortfall last year due to COVID and the game being held in Norman.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Don’t know much about the Southeastern Louisiana Lions program (is that where Bobby Boucher Jr went?), but I’ll be a huge fan this year.
How could you not remember South Central Louisiana State University Mud Dogs? They even beat Iowa the year Bobby played for them.

• Funny
Reactions: CyDawg23

AllInForISU

Nov 24, 2012
It had to have been before 2016 because in 2016 they scheduled another home & home with one another for 2029 and 2030.

Funny thing is that apparently Nebraska tried to get out of this years game because of their shortfall last year due to COVID and the game being held in Norman.

They announced it in the fall of 2012.

Reactions: Statefan10

exCyDing

Nov 29, 2017
That article failed to mention the AD also said they have about the most difficult schedule in the country. They play Oklahoma, Ohio State, Michigan, Wisconsin, Iowa, Northwestern, and (I swear he really said this) an Illinois that has given us a lot of trouble lately.

Well, yeah that sounds tough until you look at the details. Michigan just went 2-4. Wisconsin was 4-3. Iowa beat no one to prove if they were any good. Northwestern had a grad transfer QB that really paid off for just last year. And really? Illinois?

So I thought his "tough schedule" comment was just as comical as 8 to 9 wins.
Nebby has been complaining about their SOS since joining the B1G, which is comical because they put the conference on notice when the joined and again when Frost was hired. For the record, their highest SOS since joining the B1G was in 2012, clocking in at #21. During Frost's tenure it was 41st, 27th and 24th. I'm not sure what they really expect playing in a P5 conference. Just for comparison, ISU's SOS under Campbell has been: 49th, 20th, 24th, 21st and 9th.

While they're schedule isn't nearly as difficult as they're making it out to be, I still don't see 8 wins there. I think bowl eligibility is a realistic goal and what they should be shooting for. They're absolutely going to get pounded by OU and OSU. Wisconsin will be better than last year, and Iowa will be solid. Michigan St, Buffalo, Illinois and SE Louisiana should all be wins. That leaves Northwestern, Michigan, Minnesota and Purdue, all at are home with the exception of Minnesota. If they can manage 2-2 there and avoid any oopsies, they're at six wins and their first bowl game since 2016.

• Funny
Reactions: Lineup