I watched a few of their games this season, their home Games looked rocking
Was surprised co siderimg their lack of any success historically

• Agree
Reactions: carvers4math

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
Fred has matched Tim Miles' accomplishment of making the tournament once and getting their doors blown off by a Texas school.

I do think if he sticks around long term he'll win at least one game.

• Agree
Reactions: I-stateTheTruth

nfrine

Mar 31, 2006
Nearby
I watched a few of their games this season, their home Games looked rocking
Was surprised co siderimg their lack of any success historically
Two MBB teams in Nebraska, UNL and Creighton, get sell out crowds. Too bad that hasn't happened in Iowa. ;)

aauummm

April is International Guitar Month
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2007
I get around
Fred has matched Tim Miles' accomplishment of making the tournament once and getting their doors blown off by a Texas school.

I do think if he sticks around long term he'll win at least one game.
Fred is still chasing his grandfather's win total at Nebraska. Fred is 63-94 in five seasons at Nebraska and his grandfather, Jerry Bush, was 81-132 in nine seasons at Nebraska. However, Jerry Bush had a much harder schedule as Nebraska then was in the old Big 7 & Big 8 whereas Fred has had an easy schedule being in the Big 10 West!

https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/schools/nebraska/men/

Last edited:

Cyhig

Nov 29, 2017
I tried and failed to look up a list of fewest tourney wins all time. What are some other awful teams. Northwestern first win was a few years ago I think. I almost feel bad for Nebraska, but I dont.
Your annual reminder that the Big 10 has not won the tournament since 2000

• Love
Reactions: aauummm

aauummm

April is International Guitar Month
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2007
I get around
Fred has taken them higher than any coach they've ever had. They should rename their basketball arena after Fred.
Actually, Danny Nee took them much, much higher. Danny Nee had five tournament appearances, a high of #11 national ranking out of five seasons being ranked, a high of a 26-8 season record, and had seven seasons of at least 20 wins.

Plus he had 254 wins to Fred's current 63. He won the Big 8 Tournament Championship in 1994 and the NIT Championship in 1996. Danny had the much tougher conference schedule coaching in the old Big 8 versus Fred coaching in the puffball big 10 west! True to form, the University of Nebraska fired him in 2000 after having one bad season.

Fred will have to be there a long, long time to beat those accomplishments.

https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/schools/nebraska/men/

Last edited: