Nebraska Volleyball Record - 92,003 Fans

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
The question will be if it actually does anything for women's sports or college volleyball, or just ends up being a gimmick that people talked about for a few days and then moved on to the next thing.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Seems like Nebraska is embracing the fact it is a "volleyball school."

I had to eye roll at my parents friends in Nebraska saying "we're more volleyball than football fans now"...yeah they weren't in the 90s for some reason.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
The question will be if it actually does anything for women's sports or college volleyball, or just ends up being a gimmick that people talked about for a few days and then moved on to the next thing.

Womens soccer (World Cup and the surprising success of NWSL) is definitely doing something in the US and globally. Some on this board won't like admitting it but the Women's Final Four last year was a new kind of attention too.

Personally as just a fan of watching greatness what Simon Biles is doing in her comeback seems pretty incredible too. I know almost nothing about the sport but it seems pretty crazy how she is dominating in a comeback at a relatively very old age, seems like she's not just winning but not even making it close.

I would tend to file this one more under "Nebraska's fanbase have always been front runners and their football program died". Like others said, it wasn't even a marquee matchup, almost a kind of 'world's biggest ball of tin foil' thing going on.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Not really. Remodeled to host volleyball, wrestling and gymnastics.

5332f9ec40fde.image.jpg

WP5TKFSODFAALAG6R7CY46C32U.jpg
I remember going there for an ISU @ kNU MBB game back in the mid '90s. There were about a dozen or two Cyclone fans there and we were louder than the entire Fusker contingent.

cyinne

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2009
O-town, Iowa
Not really. Remodeled to host volleyball, wrestling and gymnastics.

5332f9ec40fde.image.jpg

WP5TKFSODFAALAG6R7CY46C32U.jpg
Yeah Devaney is a great place now. It definitely was showing its age a lot but when the basketball teams moved to PBA downtown in 2013 Nebraska remodeled Devaney- went from 14,000 seats to about 8,500 seats.