Need help following hoop recruits

clone87

Dec 7, 2007
I know some high school websites are better than others at doing this, but some post game by game results and teams stats of their players. My Google skills are not yielding much for results, so I'm hoping someone can help. Can you locate any link that would enable us to track the high school hoops season for our incoming recruits:

Dominique Buckley - Detroit Romulus HS
Wes Eikmeier - Fremont, NE Archbishop Bergan HS
Justin Hamilton - Alpine, UT Lone Peak HS
Clinton Mann - Overland Park, KS St. Thomas Aquinas HS

Thanks in advance - it will be interesting to see how they are doing each week.

saf

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 2, 2006
Ames, IA
I usually just do a news google for names (news.google.com).

" Dominique Buckley"

BOYS ROUNDUP: Tuesday's high school boys basketball recaps
Just gives the score of their last game--Buckley scored 22.

BOYS BASKETBALL PREVIEW: MICK McCABE'S TOP 100 PLAYERS: The next 99 may be Green with envy
2. Dominique Buckley, 6-2, senior, Romulus. He first garnered our attention with his defensive prowess and now he has developed into a complete player. He averaged 14 points last season as a point guard, but will move off the ball this season to take advantage of his improved shooting. Signed with Iowa State.

Interesting that he moved to off-guard. Hopefully this means that he is point guard that can distribute and shoot it.

saf

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 2, 2006
Ames, IA
Search: "Justin Hamilton" Lone

The Spectrum - www.thespectrum.com -
23 points and several dunks by Hamilton.

http://www.heraldextra.com/content/view/245778/3/
Justin Hamilton scored 25 points, pulled down eight rebounds, handed out three assists and blocked four shots to lead Lone Peak past Dixie 74-51 in non-region boys basketball action Saturday.
Behind the play of Hamilton, the Knights (2-1) broke away from a 10-10 tie at the end of the first quarter to lead 32-25 at the half.

Couldn't really find anything of note for Mann or Wes.

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
CycloneReport is the place for recruiting info. Obviously the forum is here is far bigger and better:wink: but they do an awesome job of tracking every recruit. It costs money but a lot of people enjoy that type of info.

abcguyks

Apr 11, 2006
Olathe
Clint Mann attends high school about a mile from where I live here in KC. I'll keep an eye on the newspapers during the season and I'll try to remember post anything of note.

flander1649

Apr 20, 2006
Kansas City
Visit site
A few of my buddy's and I have talked about going to see Mann play if we do i'll post a report from his game. I know they have the Blue Valley tourney they are in this weekend.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
We should just have a sticky thread where we continually add articles written about the recruits. That's really encouraging to see that about Hamilton, I thought he was kind of a reach when I heard he hadn't played varsity yet but he's getting it done out there in Utah.

Also very interesting about Buckley, good to hear he can play some defense from the PG spot, we definitly could use that. Odd he's moving to the SG position, don't know if that is good for us or not. Either way, good to know he can score and play D.

saf

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 2, 2006
Ames, IA
My guess would be that Buckley made the move so they could get the best 5 players on the floor. Say they have 2 good ball handlers (Buckley and another), but the non-Buckley ball handler cannot shoot--move Buckley to the 2 and have the other distribute and bring it up the floor. That's the only reason I can think that their best/most experienced player would move.

Yeah, good to see about Hamilton. Hopefully he keeps it at a high level throughout the season. He hasn't been playing very long, so this could be his breakout year.