Need help with ISU helmet collection

• We Will Collective May Donor Drive - Last Day, Help Needed!

We're in the final hours of a critical push to signup donors for the May Donor Drive. Let your Cyclone friends know!

Please consider giving at We Will Collective.

RotatingColumn

Oct 21, 2008
Ok I'm sick. I'm attempting to collect/create all the mini helmets in ISU history.

I have the helmet from 95-2002 as red with blue facemasks. Then 2003-07 with white facemasks. When did the metallic red come in? Was the helmet turned metallic the same year as the white facemasks in 2003? Anyone?

Also, anyone have any history on the leather helmet colors?

ISUchains1Fan

May 30, 2008
McCallsburg, IA
Ok I'm sick. I'm attempting to collect/create all the mini helmets in ISU history.

I have the helmet from 95-2002 as red with blue facemasks. Then 2003-07 with white facemasks. When did the metallic red come in? Was the helmet turned metallic the same year as the white facemasks in 2003? Anyone?

If you need help with your helmet collect and if you live close to Ames. Get to Sports Page in the mall they have every helmet ISU ever wore on to that field, and I think they have a leather helmet.

cloneluke80

Apr 11, 2006
West Des Moines, IA

Yes the helmet was turned metallic in the same year as the facemask going white.

CRcyclone6

Bookie
Dec 27, 2007
Cedar Rapids
Iowa_St_OLD2.gif

this is my favorite

Last edited:

RotatingColumn

Oct 21, 2008
Just picked that one up yesterday.

I was confused because I bought the red and metallic helmets. Both have white facemasks, which isn't correct.

There are 10 helmets available. I'll have to create the rest by altering the ones that are available.

Thanks for the help!

RotatingColumn

Oct 21, 2008
That site is just awesome.. thanks for posting. Hard not to drop $4500 on the whole set. Must step away from the computer now.

The 1979 is the worst design I've ever seen on a helmet ever. Almost want to leave it out of my collection.