Need Prayers

jaretac

Nov 26, 2006
Frigidaire
A bad situation here in Washington today. 30+ homes last i heard are under level 3 evacuation and ten homes have been lost in the past 24 hours. If the weather we are expecting hits today the fire may more than triple by dark. Many of these homes have no protection as it is considered too dangerous. I grew up less than a mile from all this and one of my coworkers is one of the homes under threat. I've been in all levels of wild fire operations over the years and this may be one of the worse scenarios I've ever seen.

Thanks,

RubyClone

Mar 21, 2014
Terrible. My brother went through this back in May with the San Diego fires

best to all.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
I'm not up on the news here - and I have friends & extended family in different parts of the state. What is the region for the fire?

Of course, wishes for safety for people and property for all affected!

jaretac

Nov 26, 2006
Frigidaire
There is a fire by Leavenworth and it has got a lot of attention, caused a lot of evacuations but hasn't damaged any homes yet that I know of. The Carlton complex is the fire I'm talking about and is just east of the North Cascades National Park. In fact the highway that runs through the park is shut down. 11 homes have been lost and they are expecting the power transmission lines to the valley to go out soon leaving thousands without power. Sounds like my coworkers house was saved but they did lose some outbuildings. Thanks for prayers.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
I don't know if it's still there or not, but for many many years my ex inlaws ran the Lake Entiat fruit stand, right there on the Chelan highway. When I was dating my ex, I spent many weeks helping Inace in the fruit stand while my ex was working for the forest service. My home was over on the other side of the mountains, in Bellevue.

I reached my niece, and she said that several of the older family members have left their homes and are staying with family in Wenatchee, mostly due to the air quality & 80 year old lungs...

I hope they get the fires under control soon, but it sounds like the weather and winds are not co-operating well.

jaretac

Nov 26, 2006
Frigidaire
Its been a bad night. Without a doubt many of you will hear reports on the national news tomorrow. As of now thousands are evactuated. In one town, Pateros if you want to look it up, I'm hearing a church and school have either been destroyed or badly damage as well as many homes. Hospital evacuated in Brewster. Here in Omak we have only one way out and that is north toward Canada due to all other roads closed. I was in Pateros while homes were burning and the situation there was the worse I've ever seen in 15 years of wild fire experience. Thankfully no injuries yet but as of right now there have probably been hundreds of structures lost tonight.

Scott34

Mar 16, 2007
Cedar Rapids
Sorry to hear about your (along with others) ongoing tragic situation. I can't even imagine what your having to deal with. Good luck and take care. Will be thinking about ya.