Need some advice and opinions

MissouriCyclone

Jul 24, 2011
Raleigh, North Carolina
So I'm doing a professional internship for Disney and they have put me in some housing. I was told they would put me in with horticulture interns but when I moved in that wasn't the case. Turns out I'm rooming with a Norwegian, a Frenchman and a German. All three of them have been here for eight months and have a negative attitude on the company and can't speak English well. I don't know a single soul down here and can't do anything until my Disney traditions class on Saturday. My thought is that I auld change housing with at least other Americans who may know other people. Downside to moving is that it's pretty cool to meet with others from different countries. What would you all do? Ask for a change or stay put. FYI they are pretty messy.

zwclones51

Aug 4, 2010
West Des Moines
I'd try to get in with some Americans. What's the fun in working at Disney if you can't go out and experience it with others. It sounds like the foreigners don't like fun.

Gnomeborg

Dec 24, 2008
I'd try to get in with some Americans. What's the fun in working at Disney if you can't go out and experience it with others. It sounds like the foreigners don't like fun.

Finding out who killed Kennedy (not Jack or Bobby, the oldest brother)
Meeting the real President of the United States
Dinner with Walt's head (if you survive the Thunderdome-like initiation...)

CycloneYoda

Jan 27, 2009
My only good advice would be to never ask for advise from CF members, especially after midnight. Ever seen Gremlins? You just opened up the box. Good luck.

oldman

Nov 5, 2009
Not sure you should be looking for advice here, but there are a ton of opinions to be had. How long you gonna be with that group? Two months? Two years? If its the former, I say stay put. The latter, try to move.

cyhawkdmb

Jul 13, 2010
CB
Stay put. Your professional life is going to be filled with working around people you may not get along with. It could be seen as a negative if you show inflexibility in that regard.

And lets be honest.. working in the landscapeing business your also going to be working with alot of people who dont speak the same language as you.

MissouriCyclone

Jul 24, 2011
Raleigh, North Carolina
I've decided to stay put. Trying to think positive even though everything has been a disaster since I've been here. Had really high hopes and nothing has gone right. Can't wait to start on Monday, going to be exciting times in the next few months.
BTW if any of you are down here at Disney World ill be here til August 10th. Always good to see some ISU family!

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Surely you can find someone or something to do in Orlando ... you are at Disney! Who would want to spend much time in their apartment there anyway?