Need to vent...

cytech

Apr 10, 2006
Hiawatha, Iowa
Tonight I am watching my sisters 2 year old kid she gets back to my place to pick her up about 45 mins ago. Sits in the drive for a minute (probably on her cell phone) then proceeds to drive her new 2013 Kia in to my Garage door.

At first I am just startled at how someone could be that stupid, then I remembered who did it.....

So the bang wakes up the kid and I heard it and saw her backing up and she comes to the door and tells me what I already know. I go assess the damage from both sides. Do some pushing to get it some what back to shape. Then lifted it up to fix the wheel she tried to help but just got in the way most the time. Got it somewhat back working so I can open and shut manually will need to replace bottom 2 panels at least. Finally some resolution.....

She is leaving and I can tear my hair out in peace.... She goes to get her kid and leaves the door open...

Out runs the dog......... A german shorthair to be exact and she certainly found some rabbits to chase. After a few short shouts and some deep breathing and pacing I get what I need and go searching for my dog. I find her a block over chasing rabbits and pin her in a backyard that has only one exit. Unfortunately (all my fault) my dog does not listen the best. So I had to wear her down. Unfortunately my time to get her is when she is taking a dump. And of course I had nothing to pick it up with. But I captured her none the less. I came across my sister in her car, told her to get a bag and go pick up the ****. She did and went back to my house with her kid to collect the rest of her items.

She came up to say she was sorry and my response was just leave......

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Tonight I am watching my sisters 2 year old kid she gets back to my place to pick her up about 45 mins ago. Sits in the drive for a minute (probably on her cell phone) then proceeds to drive her new 2013 Kia in to my Garage door.

At first I am just startled at how someone could be that stupid, then I remembered who did it.....

So the bang wakes up the kid and I heard it and saw her backing up and she comes to the door and tells me what I already know. I go assess the damage from both sides. Do some pushing to get it some what back to shape. Then lifted it up to fix the wheel she tried to help but just got in the way most the time. Got it somewhat back working so I can open and shut manually will need to replace bottom 2 panels at least. Finally some resolution.....

She is leaving and I can tear my hair out in peace.... She goes to get her kid and leaves the door open...

Out runs the dog......... A german shorthair to be exact and she certainly found some rabbits to chase. After a few short shouts and some deep breathing and pacing I get what I need and go searching for my dog. I find her a block over chasing rabbits and pin her in a backyard that has only one exit. Unfortunately (all my fault) my dog does not listen the best. So I had to wear her down. Unfortunately my time to get her is when she is taking a dump. And of course I had nothing to pick it up with. But I captured her none the less. I came across my sister in her car, told her to get a bag and go pick up the ****. She did and went back to my house with her kid to collect the rest of her items.

wow. hope some rep from mr. Rulzzz make you feel better. :smile:

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
No good if the kid gets taken away from her it would likely go to me since dad is no where in the picture.
I didn't mean enough to hurt her/him, just enough to make her/him a nightmare.

Jordanj6502

Jan 9, 2010
Ames
Realistically, you'll get over it soon... And then you can make fun of her because she doesn't know how to keep a car in park, and managed to pull off one of the most cliché driving errors of driving into a garage door...

cytech

Apr 10, 2006
Hiawatha, Iowa
Realistically, you'll get over it soon... And then you can make fun of her because she doesn't know how to keep a car in park, and managed to pull off one of the most cliché driving errors of driving into a garage door...

Oh yes it will never be forgotten, and will be brought up frequently. That is my only payback and enjoyment in this all the laughs I will have in the future.

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA

And yet people say men are a danger when driving a car. :)

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
If it makes you feel any better, my teenage daughter once attempted to back her car out of the garage without opening the garage dooor.

kilroy

Jun 10, 2010
hills to flat lands
Dude if you have to get up early what the hell are you still doing up with the rest of us insomniacs and drunks?

What the hell else is family for? If shes usually good to you, yah it sucks, but at least she not 3 hrs away (or more) like the rest of my family is. Enjoy it (as ****** as it is) as a family time where you get to be ****** at another member of the human race and they still will love you no matter what....

Does really suck though. LOL!

Reactions: Aclone

ISU_phoria

Apr 10, 2006
Andover, MN
Sorry to sidetrack the thread, but this reminds me....

I work in an office of about a 50/50 man to woman split, which is quite rare for my industry, typically very male dominated. Because my female colleagues work in an industry where they're the gender minority, they are always overly sensitive about being such.

My office has a Halloween party each year and every year we have theme for us to gear our costumes toward. This past year, the theme was simply "Scary".

Most of my coworkers were ghosts, werewolves, witches, etc. I decided to dress as a female driver. I had a wig and spent a few hours making a little red car out of cardboard that hung on my shoulders.

I walked into the party making tire screeching sounds as I swerved around, crashing into walls and people, etc.

The looks & nasty comments I received were absolutely priceless! Probably my favorite Halloween of all time..... Some of my colleagues are still mad and bring it up occasionally, I just laugh and respond, "hey, the truth hurts!"

To the OP....that is an unbelievably crappy situation. I've had plenty if times where I wanted to strangle my sister, but nothing like that. That's definitely a 4+ beer event.

Last edited:

Bamacyclone

Jan 7, 2012
SE
I have a little sister 2 yrs younger that I've spent many hrs in my life to date protecting and cleaning up after....for 50 yrs now. Last fall I almost lost her to a bad drug-allergy reaction.

You seem to have your head on straight. Garage doors you can fix....

I like your shorthhair story. We have one as well, but now an old lady. We lived in the country so she had room to run free in her younger days, and she did without responding to my call. Got a shock collar. Only had to use it twice and that stopped the leaving my sight...fyi.

MeanDean

SuperFanatic
Jan 5, 2009
Blue Grass IA-Jensen Beach FL
The ONLY way to get the dog to come is treats, snacks, cheese or meat.

Why CHASE a rabbit when Daddy is RIGHT THERE with a yummy in his hand? Oops, didn't notice the leash. Oh well, YUUUUMMMMM! Going home now.

JVAR

Mar 27, 2006
Eagle Grove, IA

Thanks for sharing as I had a good laugh. I have owned German pointing dogs (shorthairs, wirehair/drathaar, and currently a German Longhaired Pointer) for most of my adult life and can relate to them getting on a fur track and disappearing and having to search all over hell and back. As far as your sister, you will watch her kids all over again and laugh someday because that is what brothers do. Sounds like a hell of a night though. Just buy her kids a bunch of loud, obnoxious toys for their birthdays to get revenge and call it good. My inlaws like to buy those million piece Lego Star Wars sets, which take days to put together, soon fall apart, and then you step on them with bare feet and run over them with your vacuum. Those are good revenge toys as well. Thanks for sharing!

iahawkhunter

Apr 17, 2010
Huxley, IA
Thanks for sharing as I had a good laugh. I have owned German pointing dogs (shorthairs, wirehair/drathaar, and currently a German Longhaired Pointer) for most of my adult life and can relate to them getting on a fur track and disappearing and having to search all over hell and back. As far as your sister, you will watch her kids all over again and laugh someday because that is what brothers do. Sounds like a hell of a night though. Just buy her kids a bunch of loud, obnoxious toys for their birthdays to get revenge and call it good. My inlaws like to buy those million piece Lego Star Wars sets, which take days to put together, soon fall apart, and then you step on them with bare feet and run over them with your vacuum. Those are good revenge toys as well. Thanks for sharing!

Stinky/messy also works. You can give a chemistry set and say with a straight face that it's intended to be educational, all-the-while knowing it's only intended to make a mess.

Help Support Us

Become a patron