Nerlens Noel. Uh Oh...

ISUAgronomist

Nov 5, 2009
On the farm, IA
Pretty much expected to happen after the Chris Driscoll article that had Will Blalock in it. IIRC it mentioned the NCAA considering some investigating.

GMackey32

TJ's spy team member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 2, 2009
Ames Via Cedar Falls
Seems like a lot of shady stuff around him. Anthony Bennett is probably happy this came out as Kentucky fans are now targeting Pete Thamel for their hatred.

EYEoftheSTORM

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 3, 2009
Ames, Iowa
lol, Doesn't surprise me regarding a Kentucky recruit and Calipari...

Also the Driscoll ties to Providence. I look for them to be the new Baylor by fielding good teams year to year but not without raising controversy in their recruiting tactics.

Cy$

Sep 1, 2011
Ames
Seems like a lot of shady stuff around him. Anthony Bennett is probably happy this came out as Kentucky fans are now targeting Pete Thamel for their hatred.

Bennett is going to either UNLV or Oregon

madcityCY

Nov 29, 2006
Madison, WI
For a while (about 6 months ago or so) Noel had a graphite sketch of himself done by Clint Hedges as his twitter avatar. Hedges is a well-known artist, and Wildcat fan/ booster.

Now if Hedges made the artwork, and posted it on the net, and Noel found it and made it his artwork - that seems like one thing. If he sent it to him, that seems like another. Most people pay for Hedges artwork.

That is one thing that made me say "hmmm"

CLONECONES

Mar 15, 2012
RVA
If we were recruiting him, then we will be part of any invesitcation. Not saying we did anything but we will be part of the investigation

1329697955565.jpg

BigBake

Mar 17, 2006
U'dale
For a while (about 6 months ago or so) Noel had a graphite sketch of himself done by Clint Hedges as his twitter avatar. Hedges is a well-known artist, and Wildcat fan/ booster.

Now if Hedges made the artwork, and posted it on the net, and Noel found it and made it his artwork - that seems like one thing. If he sent it to him, that seems like another. Most people pay for Hedges artwork.

That is one thing that made me say "hmmm"

It's still up as the background on his twitter page but I don't see the issue because the pic is also posted on @clinthedges in his recent images and readily available for download.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
If we were recruiting him, then we will be part of any invesitcation. Not saying we did anything but we will be part of the investigation

That's okay. As soon as the investigators gaze into Fred's dreamy eyes and realize that NN didn't commit to ISU they will know something is fishy.

BooneCy

May 30, 2006
This is interesting quote from the Tilton headmaster. I'm sure taken out of the middle of a conversation it sounds different than it is in reality. But, interesting none the less.
On NCAA investigators talking with Tilton:

“I wouldn’t be surprised if they turned up,” he said. “Certain things that they ask us, we’d be happy to answer. Some stuff, we don’t know anything about. I’m sure we would cooperate, though.”