Netflix - Your Current Favorites

4theCYcle

Jul 14, 2013
Urbandale, IA
This long before Stranger Things?
Was actually running through the posts to see if anyone had posted this yet.

The Ranch.
Stranger Things.

I just started watching the 3rd season of Better Call Saul, kinda slow right now.

I've considered Altered Carbon and Bloodline.

cyfanatic

Oct 18, 2006
Cedar Rapids, Iowa

The Ranch.
Stranger Things.

I just started watching the 3rd season of Better Call Saul, kinda slow right now.

My wife loved Bloodline...but that story moved way too slow for me! They tried to make every scene intense and important and then...nothing happened! Wore me out...

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
My wife loved Bloodline...but that story moved way too slow for me! They tried to make every scene intense and important and then...nothing happened! Wore me out...
The first season is all I could handle of their set up/style of filming as well. But it was very unique and different the first time I watched it, really liked it. But not enough to come back for season 2.

Reactions: cyfanatic

cycopath25

Sep 8, 2006
(307)
In a little bit of a Netflix rut, looking for new show(s) to get into. Any recommendations? New shows that you've gotten hooked on?

I've already been through BB, House of Cards, Better Call Saul, Making a Murderer, and Narcos. Tried OITNB, but couldn't get into it.

664a53142186c4b36ffbb71c6448087e.jpg

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
My wife and I have enjoyed the following shows on Netflix:

Retribution:
Excellent single season mini-series. 4 one hour episodes only, but they are pretty riveting. Follows two families whose children were recently murdered. Great drama and suspense. Highly recommended, even if it is a little short.

Alias Grace: 6 part limited series. Really interesting 19th century period crime drama about a young woman accused of murder. The main actress is also gorgeous, so that definitely helps. Highly recommended

The Keepers: Real life crime documentary about the murder of a nun and links to corruption in the Catholic church. Very interesting and highly recommended.

The Magicians
: Kind of an R Rated/Mature Harry Potter Narnia magic show. New episodes are still airing on SyFy, but you can get caught up on the first two seasons with Netflix. A lot of fun, but nothing too serious.

Containment: Decent drama about an outbreak and quarantine situation. A little cheesy at times but still enjoyable. 1 season

Crossing Lines: International crime series. Kind of like Criminal Minds, but a team of agents from different countries. It was pretty good for 2 seasons, and then they almost completely changed cast for season 3, which made it hard to finish. If you are looking for some fun crime drama, it's worth it for the first two seasons at least.

Breakout Kings: Short lived but fun series about convicts put on a team to catch escaped convicts. The characters are all pretty good, especially Jimmi Simpson's character. Only 2 full seasons though.

oldman

Nov 5, 2009
Frontier was good. If you like comedy I really enjoyed Trailer Park Boys. Anyone know of some good westerns?

cypack747

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 21, 2013
SIAP, I just finished watching American Vandal. It's a parody of Making a Murderer and Serial and other true crime documentaries. I was mostly expecting it to be stupid-funny satire but it was actually super addicting and I actually ending up absorbed by the question of "who drew the dicks".

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
Frontier was good. If you like comedy I really enjoyed Trailer Park Boys. Anyone know of some good westerns?

Don't know if you have HBO or not, but Westworld is "kind of" a western. And it's very good.

HBO would also give you access to Deadwood, which is critically acclaimed.

CloneFan4

Aug 5, 2010
West Des Moines
Some of my Netflix Original faves:

Mindhunter
Master of None
Stranger Things
Wet Hot American Summer
Bojack
The Get Down (I've not watched the whole thing, but enjoyed what I did)

Ones on my To-Watch list:
Flaked
Love
Friends from College
GLOW

I've always thought highly of you, but Bojack cemented it for me. Glad I'm not the only Bojack lover in this thread.

• Friendly
Reactions: Angie

flynnhicks03

The Man That You Love to Hate
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
www.mapcon.com

The Ranch.
Stranger Things.

I watched the first episode of "The Ranch" last night. It wasn't too bad, but my goodness, that laugh track makes it just about unwatchable for me. Not sure if I can take it...

mywayorcyway

Mar 1, 2012
Phoenix
I watched the first episode of "The Ranch" last night. It wasn't too bad, but my goodness, that laugh track makes it just about unwatchable for me. Not sure if I can take it...

The show only gets worse. The laugh track remains the same. My better half watches it and it is the most infernal racket imaginable to listen to from the other room.

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO

I was considering watching it (enjoy a good comedy), but if there's a laugh track, no dice.

flynnhicks03

The Man That You Love to Hate
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
www.mapcon.com
"The End of the F*****g World" has really grown on me. It's a strange show, and it's British, which took a little getting used to, but I'm about seven episodes in and I'm pretty into it.

• Agree
Reactions: 1100011CS