New Bar - Sgt. Pepper's

jtd9046

Dec 20, 2006
Chicago
Dean's List -> Chasers -> Reign -> Outlaws

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that's the correct order. Located on Chamberlain between Welch and Hayward.

Big Shots was in there as well. Chasers was the bar below it which I believe they opened in another location later on.

CyForPresident

Mar 28, 2006
Cornlands of Ayuxwa
Outlaws is actually really good, IMO. Its purely a country bar with country music. It has a good size dance floor with an over-looking balcony and pool tables in the basement. I really enjoy it, but I'm also an Ag major.

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
How many times in 8 years do bars change their name in Ames? I dont think a Campus Town bar ever changed its name when I went to school.

Is Cys still around?
Is Welch Ave still there?
What about The Zone?

Cyclone62

Feb 1, 2007
Oldpeopleville
How many times in 8 years do bars change their name in Ames? I dont think a Campus Town bar ever changed its name when I went to school.

Is Cys still around?
Is Welch Ave still there?
What about The Zone?

Cy's Roost and Welch Ave Station are still around. The Zone isn't though.

HOTDON

Mar 24, 2006
Fort Dodge, IA
Estas is another bar with cheap shots. Yes, it is located in between Paddy's and old Peoples.

I don't know what Dean's List is though.

We're talking about Es Tas, the taco place, right? They serve shots there? I haven't been there since it opened. I just remember my drunk friend walking in with 50 cents and negotiating for a taco. They haggled over cheese, but he finally got it. Great night.

thunderdave

POOTMFS
Apr 14, 2006
We're talking about Es Tas, the taco place, right? They serve shots there? I haven't been there since it opened. I just remember my drunk friend walking in with 50 cents and negotiating for a taco. They haggled over cheese, but he finally got it. Great night.
Now that's funny!:biglaugh:

tim_redd

Mar 29, 2006
Ankeny
I've spent way to much money at Es Tas without buying any food. I'm talking triple digits here.

4VR4CY

Aug 28, 2007
Ankeny, IA
Outlaws is actually really good, IMO. Its purely a country bar with country music. It has a good size dance floor with an over-looking balcony and pool tables in the basement. I really enjoy it, but I'm also an Ag major.

Glad you like it, but that makes me sad. :sad:

I used to play beer pong there and would go there more often than I should probably admit when it was Dean's List...

clones_jer

Apr 16, 2006
IA
The Zone was downtown, not campustown ... upstairs above the pool place, not sure if its still around

Tassles is now Sips ... I think that used to be the Cavein or something like that.

Es Tas is great, whenver we're in town after a game we hit it first for Jagerbombs, later for more jagerbombs and at the end of the night for some food.

Cyclone62

Feb 1, 2007
Oldpeopleville
The Zone was downtown, not campustown ... upstairs above the pool place, not sure if its still around

Tassles is now Sips ... I think that used to be the Cavein or something like that.

Es Tas is great, whenver we're in town after a game we hit it first for Jagerbombs, later for more jagerbombs and at the end of the night for some food.

Oh yea, that's what the bar above Corner Pocket is called. That's still there.

bmuff

Apr 7, 2006
Old Cys Roost & Lost and Found > New Cys Roost & Lost and Found

No kidding. They absolutely ruined Cys and L&F with the remodel. Those places were great bars, then the (new?) owners tried to remodel and they lost all of their atmosphere. And to top that, they haven't kept the places up and now they are more run-down than before the remodel.

The Zone is now DG's Taphouse. They have 50+ microbrews on tap and have bands on the weekend. Not a bad place...definitely an improvement from the penny pitcher days.

I thought Pappa Lou's was going to be names Lou's Corner or Lou's On The Corner or something like that? They were supposed to be open for holiday parties and then open to the public by new year's. Guess not. I also heard that they were going to put a jazz/blues bar downstairs in the old Lumpy's.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron