New Basketball offer

kcclones

Mar 23, 2006
Kansas City
From a friend of the family coach Mac has offered son of Ronnie Harris..Harrison Barnes a fresh at Ames High a scholarship. Mac has been great at spoting talent early and it would be huge to get Harrison Barnes on board!

rd4isu

Apr 11, 2006
I see he's listed at 6'4". Does he project as a guard or small forward in college? I know, it's early but I'm just curious as I've not heard anything about him.

clones_jer

Apr 16, 2006
IA
I don't believe you for one reason; NCAA guidelines say that you can't contact high school freshman.

play nice 62 ...

wasn't there news we were talking to some 12 year old a few months back (ok maybe 14) they can verbal all they want

clones_jer

Apr 16, 2006
IA
Wow someone better tell Mac to stop doing it then b/c i remember hearing about Jordan Dykstra...I guess the family doesn't know..you do

thatta kid - sock it to him!

Dykstra! he's like barely out of diapers and we're all about him

HeebeAchebe

May 8, 2007
I can back up nickborton's claim on the scholarship offer. My cousin is a friend of the Harris/Barnes family and he told me about the recent offer a few days ago. I didn't want to say anything at first, but since nickb has brought it up, I thought I'd chime in to back him up.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
What position does he project at? I've heard the kid's good before, but I didn't know he was "offering him a scholarship as a freshman" good.

kcclones

Mar 23, 2006
Kansas City
i trust all offers Mac has been making lately....people have been quick to jump on some offers and then weeks later rankings change and everyone is excited

soccercy

Apr 20, 2006
NCAA rules do in fact say coaches can't initiate contact with recruitable athletes before their junior year, but they can send letters, and nothing prohibits recruits from contacting the coaches to talk and to set up unofficial visits. On visits coaches can offer scholarships, recruits can only verbal as they can't sign until their senior year. We can offer scholarships, it is done quite frequently. Remember Jeff Horner and Dean Oliver at Iowa? This would be our second 2010 comittment.

dinger

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 20, 2006
Plano, TX
i personally dont like expending out scholarhips this early. you never know who is going to come out of the woodwork in 2009 that we wont have a scholarship for in 2010 because we gave them away 4 yrs earlier

rd4isu

Apr 11, 2006
i trust all offers Mac has been making lately....people have been quick to jump on some offers and then weeks later rankings change and everyone is excited

Couldn't agree more. I'm interested in hearing about his game. Has anyone seen him play?

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
I have no problem with the offer, don't misunderstand me. My man crush on McD has reached restraining order levels. I'm just looking for some information from Mr. Barnes. What makes him special? etc.

psycln11

Apr 20, 2006
Ankeny
NY2LA Sports for the Finest in Sports Entertainment

5.9.07 - Iowa State offers Iowa Class of 2010 SG prospect Harrison Barnes
Coach McDermott is looking to lock down a strong Class of 2010 in-state class as frosh phenom Harrison Barnes now has an offer on the table from the Cyclones. A 6'5" SG from Ames High School, Barnes is a solid athlete with good length and a lot of upside which would fit nicely into Iowa State's plans. Barnes rocks an All Iowa Attack jersey on the spring/summer travel circuit.