New Commit--Anyone know anything about her? Aliyah Konate.....Germany

Dryburn

Apr 3, 2006
Somewhere in the U.S.
Tommy Birch
The Iowa State women's basketball team has picked up a commitment from Germany native Aliyah Konate-a 6-4 center/forward. #Cyclones

http://www.basketball-bund.de/spieler/aliyah-konate

Attachments

• Aliyah Konate.jpg
    Aliyah Konate.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 175
Last edited:

mred

Oct 19, 2006
SE WI
bball.notnothing.net
Lexi Albrecht tweeted out a picture this morning of several team members together (possibly celebrating Jordan Jensen's birthday this weekend), and there was one person in the photo I didn't recognize. I figured it was a non-player friend of theirs, but I'm now 90% certain it's Aliyah Konate.

StClone

Dec 17, 2009
Wisconsin
From what is available on the net, she has experience in international play in the U17 leagues (tourney in China) and is currently 18 years of age. Nice surprise - now we are done with 2016!

Dryburn

Apr 3, 2006
Somewhere in the U.S.
On sort of a related note (related to recruiting at least) someone really needs to update the scholarship chart for Women's Basketball on this site......seems to have been ignored for some time.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
I like the picture mred posted. These keep cropping up and it looks like they really enjoy each others company. Hope they are having as much fun as it looks. It's college and it should be fun for them and not all basketball work.

:smile:

runbikeswim

Oct 23, 2014
can't wait to hear what BF has to say about how much these International recruits will contribute since there is such a dearth of info on them.

907CY

Jan 30, 2010
Northern Polk County
I just got doing my happy dance for this signing. She will take a disappointing recruiting class and give it a high five. A 6-4 forward who likes to shoot the ball. I would say that will be a nice fit for the Sisters. Konate has three years of traveling experience with her team and has been in China for a tournament. We will definitely have depth at the 4 and 5 positions. Don't forget that we have Kirsten Scott, a 6-2 C-PF coming in as of 2017. Good job, Staff...

Help Support Us

Become a patron