New Commit- LJ Gamblin (Story Retracted)

JHutch

Mar 19, 2006
I heard today that LJ Gamblin a 6-2, 215 linebacker from Des Moines Lincoln committed. Has anyone else heard this?

Clones85'

Just Win Baby
Jan 31, 2007
Re: New Commit- LJ Gamblin

Yes it is true and I am not sure what the coaches see in him. I saw him play once last year and once this year and left both games not overly impressed

cyclonez7

Apr 11, 2006
Ankeny

Chizik is sure doing a good job of recruiting so far. This would make the 3rd commit this week.

ketelmeister

Oct 24, 2006

I can't find that info...can you provide a link..He not a committ on rivals as of today.

ketelmeister

Oct 24, 2006

The report was not correct...Gamblin was not offered as yet by Iowa State. It has been pulled by rivals.

Seth

Mar 17, 2006
Columbia, SC

ah, ok, so that's what it was. I dunno, i found the link on the iowastate.rivals.com front page earlier, but it was an iowa preps article.

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006

ketelmeister is correct - Paul Clark had reported on it after talking to somebody from iowapreps but has pulled back after it appears there was some miscommunication or a misunderstanding. Paul retracted his story based on the new information and I would assume iowapreps either has or will as well. I hadn't heard about the "commitment" other than by iowapreps and then Rivals/CR so it appears Paul was correct in pulling his story.

ripvdub

Mar 20, 2006
Iowa

so is ther even an offer? I really dont care since i have heard nothing but less than rave reviews for LJ.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha

I cannot believe that P C would just make something up to get a quick headline and to beat out his competitors.

Maybe it was to set a trap for someone to steal premium information.

So we have 15 recruits and 10 or more to go? When is the dead period over XMAS where recruits cannot be contacted? And can anyone leak if we will have any JC players join the school for the second half?

Last edited:

cyclonez7

Apr 11, 2006
Ankeny

What's up with both Cyclone Nation and Cyclone Report and these false commits?

Wx4Cy

May 22, 2007
West Des Moines

Oh how typical. Gets a scholarship from ISU but could have maybe been a walk on at UI. Jesus I hate those idiots. Just because someone accepts at another school doesn't mean that they were only good enough to walk on at Iowa.

I don't know how to describe it but that insecure crap needs to end. They constantly tell us that we we envy them and that we want to be them but yet they are the ones constantly trying to convince themselves that they aren't us.

Sorry, maybe it's the wine talking...

ketelmeister

Oct 24, 2006

I cannot believe that P C would just make something up to get a quick headline and to beat out his competitors.

Maybe it was to set a trap for someone to steal premium information.

So we have 15 recruits and 10 or more to go? When is the dead period over XMAS where receuits cannot be contacted? And can anyone leak if we will have any JC players join the school for the second half?

It's tough for the premium services with Iowa State. Chizik is holding his cards close going after quality recruits. As soon as KU finds a recruit we are after, they go after them. Same for Iowa. And some potential recruits are on hold until we see if we want them. If we can get higher value recruits, the less won't get offered. It's an interesting game of poker.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha

Oh how typical. Gets a scholarship from ISU but could have maybe been a walk on at UI. Jesus I hate those idiots. Just because someone accepts at another school doesn't mean that they were only good enough to walk on at Iowa.

I don't know how to describe it but that insecure crap needs to end. They constantly tell us that we we envy them and that we want to be them but yet they are the ones constantly trying to convince themselves that they aren't us.

Sorry, maybe it's the wine talking...

Hmmmm. Hawk Envy. Now that is an interesting supposition. What say you Southern Hawk? Maybe the Hawk fans are havng a case of Clone Envy since J P arrived.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha

It's tough for the premium services with Iowa State. Chizik is holding his cards close going after quality recruits. As soon as KU finds a recruit we are after, they go after them. Same for Iowa. And some potential recruits are on hold until we see if we want them. If we can get higher value recruits, the less won't get offered. It's an interesting game of poker.

I think Mangino has eaten his quota of recruits already over at Kansas (15, one 4 star and mostly 3 stars).

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
For Scout, I know they just took the newspaper report and ran with it. For Gamblin - Paul was told that it was a strong commitment by iowapreps, they were ultimately wrong. I think anybody in this business would hate to be wrong and nobody would purposely report false stories to get business because it would obviously backfire in the end. I have gotten to know Paul pretty well and I can tell you he HATED having to report that he was given bad info. I've been in his shoes, many of times, and it's not fun being on the receiving end of anonymous criticism.

jumbopackage

Sep 18, 2007
For Scout, I know they just took the newspaper report and ran with it. For Gamblin - Paul was told that it was a strong commitment by iowapreps, they were ultimately wrong. I think anybody in this business would hate to be wrong and nobody would purposely report false stories to get business because it would obviously backfire in the end. I have gotten to know Paul pretty well and I can tell you he HATED having to report that he was given bad info. I've been in his shoes, many of times, and it's not fun being on the receiving end of anonymous criticism.

The difference being that people pay for his information. You get bad bogey dope on here and it's no harm no foul, since you're investing nothing more than the time to click on and read the thread.

I'm not criticizing it in the least, but it's one of the realities of making a living off of this stuff. I hold P.C. to a much higher standard than I do Jeremy, or others on CF since he is asking me to pay him money for his info - which I do, since he is usually dead on.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron