New (Different) Wrestling Facility

CY9008

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 14, 2010
West Des Moines, IA
Wow that’s dope. Must’ve had a donor step up.

The previously announced addition to Leid looked solid as well, but this looks incredible

ST8TAILG8R

Jul 10, 2017
The
Different and IN ADDITION to or scrap the old and this is the one and only?
The old plan for a facility upgrade was an addition to south and east side of Lied Rec. This new plan revealed tonight is a different stand alone facility out west by the basketball facility, from what I gather.

Need info from those of you at the CRTC event tonight!!!!

BirdOfWar

May 3, 2010
Central Iowa
The

The old plan for a facility upgrade was an addition to south and east side of Lied Rec. This new plan revealed tonight is a different stand alone facility out west by the basketball facility, from what I gather.

Need info from those of you at the CRTC event tonight!!!!

It's almost like a "practice facility village" out there.

Mr.G.Spot

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2020
Very interesting. Different from the Lied Center project? Did this project get moved out here? I know nothing.......tell us more.

Reactions: CloneFanInKC

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
All I've seen is this one guy's post on twitter. I thought the Lied expansion made a lot of sense since Soccer was no longer using that field. West Ames is fine...BB and Tennis are already out there. Although those are kind of cheap looking steel buildings with some stone on the front. If it were me, I'd save that money and build a MBB/WBB practice facility attached to Hilton. Then move Wrestling out to Sukup.

• Agree
Reactions: hiltonisheaven

Tigerguy_

Sep 26, 2020
As mentioned I was not able to get to the CRTC event last night. I NEED TO SEE THIS VIDEO!
The Big Big Cheese has to give the go ahead for that. But if you want to contribute to the facility you can contact Dresser or Alli and they will be happy to show it to you.

And this is just better than anything that was going to be done at Lied. It’s absolutely incredible and will be the best in the country

CY9008

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 14, 2010
West Des Moines, IA
All Iowa Attack probs handing over the field house in Ames now that a Kettlestone Central Sports Complex is coming to Waukee next year.

WhizzerClone

Feb 20, 2020
Need to give credit where it's due. Pollard is showing a big commitment to wrestling with the purchase of this building. $15MM from ISU for the building, $5MM renovation through donations. Sounds like $2MM is already accounted for. If this news doesn't make you want to contribute I don't know what will...