New football staff recruiting targets

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa
Are most of these offers, from the Toledo class or are a lot of these new contacts. Can't believe how many offers are being given out. Do we have a good chance at many of them?

Also, who are the big name recruits that we have offered. I think Sean Foster??? might be one, others?

djcubby

Nov 24, 2006
Bondurant
A JC OL from Cali I believe.
Yes, thank you!

I also thought it was interesting in the Rivals article about Hermanns, he mentioned he spoke to one of the DB committs that didn't like the new coaches. That pretty much narrows it down to Hardy or Grady since Azunna reaffirmed.

Stormin

Apr 11, 2006
Kendrec Grady was listed as a soft verbal on some sites. Kamal Hardy's commit didn't sound real solid at the time. He said "as of right now I am a Cyclone. But I am still looking at other schools." Take it for what it is worth.

bigsag

Jan 27, 2009
Derrick Achoyo.

I wonder if we would consider signing 2 JUCO QBs. I know the staff wants 1 JUCO and one HS QB, but we are targetting 3 JUCOs so maybe we could sign Hansen and Andrew Ford. I think Ford has a redshirt available and Hansen could be Lanning's backup.

Both Ford and Hansen are "three to play three" guys. Each did a red-shirt their first year and then have played one year of JC ball. I hope that whoever they bring in is better than Lanning.

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
I think I read on here originally he offered 10 kids he was already recruiting for Toledo. He tried to maintain any of the kids we were already recruiting,(the ones he also had interest in of course) sprinkle in a few jucos and I think he is also handing out for classes of 2017 and 2018. So it's hard to put a solid number on a ton of these variables.

demoncore1031

May 18, 2008
Albuquerque,NM
theslaughterhouse.freeforums.net
Both Ford and Hansen are "three to play three" guys. Each did a red-shirt their first year and then have played one year of JC ball. I hope that whoever they bring in is better than Lanning.
Thanks for clearing that up, I wasn't sure. I would love to get both Ford and Hansen. The two of them would give us plenty of depth at QB for the next couple of years.

demoncore1031

May 18, 2008
Albuquerque,NM
I think I read on here originally he offered 10 kids he was already recruiting for Toledo. He tried to maintain any of the kids we were already recruiting,(the ones he also had interest in of course) sprinkle in a few jucos and I think he is also handing out for classes of 2017 and 2018. So it's hard to put a solid number on a ton of these variables.

Plus some of Golesh's guys he was recruiting to Illinois. Moran for example. We have quite a few prospects setting up visits. I will try to link them when I can get to a computer.

RustShack

Chiefs Dynasty
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 27, 2010
Overland Park
He's recruiting some worthy Toledo recruits, some of the better ones he missed on because they liked him but wanted to play P5, some of the Illinois recruits, some of our guys already committed/recruiting, among others.

Beyerball

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Texas
There will be at least a dozen kids in this weekend and they ain't all Toledo recruits I can tell u that. Big time weekend for this staff.

Stormin

Apr 11, 2006
Azunna staying committed is huge!! We are in good shape with Foster, Cochran and Moran from what I hear, and I think we will end up landing the WR who is a Toledo commit.

Anyone know if Wonnum has reaffirmed his commitment? I would hate to lose that kid.

Wonnum had decommitted I believe. We are going after Chase Allen really hard. And a couple of other TE targets.

Chase Allen was just offered a week or so ago by Campbell and the new staff. Not sure why Rhoads hadn't offered. Chase Allen's father is former UNI Coach and former Iowa State Assistant Coach Terry Alllen. Chase Allen went to school as a youngster in Ames and cheered for the Cyclones when his Dad was an Assistant.

http://sports.yahoo.com/unlv/football/recruiting/player-Chase-Allen-185058

cyclonestate1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 5, 2012
According to a Tommy Birch tweet these are the unofficial visitors:
Merrick Jackson
Tyus Mason
Dominique Dafney
Trey Washing
Keaton Means
Colin Newell
Colby Shane
Michael Frankl
Matt George
Dylan Boles
Carson Lensing

demoncore1031

May 18, 2008
Albuquerque,NM
Wonnum had decommitted I believe. We are going after Chase Allen really hard. And a couple of other TE targets.

Chase Allen was just offered a week or so ago by Campbell and the new staff. Not sure why Rhoads hadn't offered. Chase Allen's father is former UNI Coach and former Iowa State Assistant Coach Terry Alllen. Chase Allen went to school as a youngster in Ames and cheered for the Cyclones when his Dad was an Assistant.

http://sports.yahoo.com/unlv/football/recruiting/player-Chase-Allen-185058

I haven't heard of Wonnum decommitting. Chase Allen is likely gonna end up at Minnesota. I really hope we keep Wonnum on board.

Cyclad

Apr 12, 2006
According to a Tommy Birch tweet these are the unofficial visitors:
Merrick Jackson
Tyus Mason
Dominique Dafney
Trey Washing
Keaton Means
Colin Newell
Colby Shane
Michael Frankl
Matt George
Dylan Boles
Carson Lensing
All Iowa kids......except Jackson who is at Iowa western.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron