New leader... New attitude...

907CY

Jan 30, 2010
Northern Polk County
If you didn't think things were going to change next season for the Cyclones then look at this tweet. A tweet sent out by Kidd said for all team members need to get back to Ames AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. Senior leadership is what we need and a very vocal positive attitude will change the direction of this team. I am looking forward to see what Kidd and Maddie have in store for this team. Go Sisters...

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
I can see Kidd being a good leader positive and scrappy. Maddie is always encouraging to her teammates when you watch her during the games.

StClone

Dec 17, 2009
Wisconsin
I can see Kidd being a good leader positive and scrappy. Maddie is always encouraging to her teammates when you watch her during the games.

Maddie LOVES Jowa State. If you look at our talented team for 2015 we are in dire need of maybe one thing - leadership. Kidd realizes the void and in giving it her best shot as I hope Jadda and Johnson will too.

907CY

Jan 30, 2010
Northern Polk County
She may already miss her teammates (the real reason for the tweet), but there is no getting around she will be called on to lead: as that is what Bill has preached of seniors.

Any or all of Kidd, Maddie, Jadda, or Johnson, will lead this team in a more upbeat and positive outlook. There doesn't seem to be any future attitude problems and as far as a fan can see BF doesn't seem to have any major problems with any of the players. So, fingers crossed maybe the new attitude will equate into more wins. I can't wait until the new Big Three get on campus.

907CY

Jan 30, 2010
Northern Polk County
It is so sad that Fred has to go but a new home may be just what he needs and he may stop peeing in the corner too. Oops, wait, we aren't talking about Fred the Cat are we. Never mind...

Buster28

Dec 3, 2011
Ames
Regardless of the actual intent of the tweet (my personal belief is that she's bored without her teammates), Kidd will be called upon to be a vocal leader both on and off the court. Jadda will (presumably) be leading at point, but this should be Kidd's team to rally and encourage for this upcoming season. I don't believe there is anyone else on the squad who has more fire and emotion when she's on the court right now and this could be channeled very effectively into a positive force for everyone when the games begin. I hope she takes advantage of the opportunity and uses it to her advantage. I know she has it in her to do it. Hopefully she sees that as well.

Royalclone

Jun 22, 2008
Lee's Summit, MO
Kidd may very we'll be the best senior leader this team has had since Aus, even if she doesn't start. Teammates seem to love and respect her, she can take Fennelly's crap, and she has an edge to her that she won't be afraid to get in someone's face if she needs to.

907CY

Jan 30, 2010
Northern Polk County
She misses her teammates? Not sure how else to interpret that

She wants them back now? A little extra practice time would probably not hurt this team.

Also, regarding Fennelly's crap. The players are getting a free education and how they pay for it is the time commitment and putting up with the above mentioned crap. Don't like it then don't let the gates on I35 hit you in the butt. BF's personality or coaching style is well documented and anyone that gets an offer should be more than aware of it.

Give them hell, Kidd.

Last edited:

907CY

Jan 30, 2010
Northern Polk County
With next Monday being the first of June and the summer session starting on the 8th, I would assume that all the remaining teams members and the incoming Big Three will be on campus during that week. I hope we get pictures like we did last year of the freshmen arriving. It will be good to get this season started. Lots of new beginnings...

mwwbbfan

Jun 1, 2010
Iowa City, IA
With next Monday being the first of June and the summer session starting on the 8th, I would assume that all the remaining teams members and the incoming Big Three will be on campus during that week. I hope we get pictures like we did last year of the freshmen arriving. It will be good to get this season started. Lots of new beginnings...

I do not think Carleton is attending the summer sessions. I believe she is playing with Canada Basketball this summer in a World Tournament of some sort.

mred

Oct 19, 2006
SE WI
bball.notnothing.net
I do not think Carleton is attending the summer sessions. I believe she is playing with Canada Basketball this summer in a World Tournament of some sort.

If she chose to do that over spending the summer at ISU, I'm not sure we want her to come here at all...

(/sarcasm)

The U19 team will be playing in the world championships in Russia from July 18-26. Hopefully there will be streaming video (and hopefully the games will be at a reasonable time).

Her team:
http://www.basketball.ca/en/team_programs/womens-u18u19

Her profile:
http://www.basketball.ca/files/2015-01/carleton_bridget_2014_bio.pdf
(Note that her "FG" stats are really her 2pt-only FG stats. This confused me until I realized that.)

Championship website:
http://www.fiba.com/world/u19women/2015

In her last two international tournaments, she's 29/72 (around 40%) behind the arc.

Last edited:

Royalclone

Jun 22, 2008
Lee's Summit, MO
She wants them back now? A little extra practice time would probably not hurt this team.

Also, regarding Fennelly's crap. The players are getting a free education and how they pay for it is the time commitment and putting up with the above mentioned crap. Don't like it then don't let the gates on I35 hit you in the butt. BF's personality or coaching style is well documented and anyone that gets an offer should be more than aware of it.

Give them hell, Kidd.
My point on taking BF's crap was that she should be able to help players understand and deal with it better.