New look uniforms coming....

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
hate the idea. instead of trying to look like notre dame, usc, or _______, why don't we just look like Iowa State instead? and to me, Iowa State is Iowa State now. Not that I wouldn't mind sweet unis, I'm just tired of everyone wanting to look like everyone else. What are we? Sheep?

HiltonMagic

Apr 12, 2006
CA
Visit site
hate the idea. instead of trying to look like notre dame, usc, or _______, why don't we just look like Iowa State instead? and to me, Iowa State is Iowa State now. Not that I wouldn't mind sweet unis, I'm just tired of everyone wanting to look like everyone else. What are we? Sheep?

Agreed! :yes4lo:

cyowa

Apr 18, 2006
Dinger, Haven't run accross you here in Omaha, but I like how you think. Shiny Gold helmets and pissing on the fuskers. That kind of thinking can't be bad. By the way, I vote for a return to Dirty Thirty unis. Notre Dame gold helmets and true Cardinal jerseys.

ISUclones33

Nov 26, 2006

X3........

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
Agreed about getting and maintaining our own look. Like sheep, but only if I have knee-high boots and velcro.

Otherwise, notsomuch.

goldmember

May 31, 2006
It wouldn't be ND because they are Navy and gold, and it wouldn't be USC because they are deep yellow and Cardinal.... It would be a unique look that would pass the test of time which many here are looking for. One thing is for sure regardless of what the design is, not everybody will be happy. As long as we don't have KU blue in our unis I think I will be happy.....our logo needs to go as well....but that is another can of worms.

HandSanitizer

Apr 19, 2006
Bondurant, IA
I like GM4ISU's avitar too, but on a helmet kind looks funny when its angled. Our current one seems too busy (although I really do think its fine)

I could however go for either the logo that sits in the endzones of Jack Trice or my avitar on a gold (NOT YELLOW) or red helmet. They both would go straight across the helmets and easy to read. Looks simple and modern.
Thoughts??

dinger

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 20, 2006
Plano, TX
Gold Helmet with no logo just like Notre Dame, with gold pants (not yellow) with cardinal jerseys like the one below.

ISUJersey2.JPG
i like this

clonerules

Apr 11, 2006
I could however go for either the logo that sits in the endzones of Jack Trice or my avitar on a gold (NOT YELLOW) or red helmet. They both would go straight across the helmets and easy to read. Looks simple and modern.
Thoughts??

i cant stand that logo. i think it looks like we are trying to make the ISU look too cool. why not just keep it simple, like on the throwback unis? also am i the only one who would love to c the old twister come back?

cybsball20

Nov 26, 2006
Des Moines, IA
If there is any change at all I am guessing it is initiated by Nike. I remember reading an article on ESPN's Page 2 about the new uniforms Nike is rolling out for basketball and football and know that they mentioned Iowa State. The football uniforms looked ALOT like the basketball ones in regards to the striping. If there is any new uniform at all I think it will be ver similar to the basketball uniforms.

I can't get to the story because it's old and you have to be an insider, but here it is...
http://proxy.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=lukas/061110

Erik4Cy

Jan 22, 2007
Johnston, IA
www.cyclones.com
please please please... take the navy out of the school colors please!

I agree, we are CARDINAL AND GOLD...stop trying to make us look like McDonald's shirts....

Does anybody have CONFIRMED news of this?

honestly I don't mind our currents too much, just w/e we do, don't copy a miami, or va tech, or usc, or notre dame, we're IOWA STATE and no one else. But like I always say we could friggin wear tu-tu's for all I care as long as we beat the crap outta ppl.

Last edited:

minnclone99

Nov 22, 2006
Rompots
What is the BFD about our unis. We are light years ahead of where we were five years ago. Our jerseys and pants are great... they eliminated the navy and now back to our core colors. Great fonts, great balance, and we don't look like the chiefs. Maybe some white pants at home with the red jerseys from time to time.

Let's face it our colors are red and yellow, we don't have to look like florida state to be cool. Be proud of what we is.

And by the way, if you hate the ISU logo, then take it off your avatar.

minnclone99

Nov 22, 2006
Rompots
What is the BFD about our unis. We are light years ahead of where we were five years ago. Our jerseys and pants are great... they eliminated the navy and now back to our core colors. Great fonts, great balance, and we don't look like the chiefs. Maybe some white pants at home with the red jerseys from time to time.

Let's face it our colors are red and yellow, we don't have to look like florida state to be cool. Be proud of what we is.

Damn it. I've broken my own rule about joining into pointless discussions of uniforms or logos on a msg board.

HiltonMagic

Apr 12, 2006
CA
Visit site

:yes4lo:

dsouth

Nov 24, 2006
I remember greg pruit from ou had hello on the front of his jersey and goodbye on the back.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
ESPN Sports zone 1620 in Omaha thought it was a good idea. They were talking about retrograde uniforms for the Huskers to raise money today.