New OC

Londo

Apr 22, 2013
Wisconsin
So.... as everyone is becoming aware, we now have a vacant position at the OC spot on the staff. I know lots of names have been thrown around from outside the program, such as Mangino, as well as internal, such as Klenakis. Who would you like to see as the OC going forward?

CyFan61

Oct 25, 2010
I think Rhoads will want someone young, hard-nosed (think Klenakis' style), and with OC experience at a MAC/Sun Belt/MWC type school. A guy looking to prove himself at a high-major conference school.

Luth4Cy

Sep 19, 2012
Ames, IA
Names I've had in my head:

Dave Christensen: former Mizzou OC, just fired at Wyoming
Kevin Johns: Current co-OC at Indiana, we'd have to out pay the Hoosiers to get him here.
Holgorsen: Not a huge fan of this, but it wouldn't be the worst decision.
Dave Schramm: Former Utah OC and current Fresno State OC.
Bill Legg: Current Marshall OC.
Klenakis: Not a huge fan of this.
Sturdy: I'd be satisfied if this happened.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
Rod Smith. He's had a ton of experience with QBs and turned Pat White and Denard RObinson into effective throwers. He's listed as a co-OC but he's definitely behind RichRod and Calvin Magee in the pecking order. I would think having the offense to himself would be a draw.

twojman

Jun 1, 2006
Clive
No thanks on hiring within. We need to bring some fresh ideas in.

Totally agree, fresh blood and total control of the offense to the new guy. This means someone with BCS level experience. I REALLY want Mangino, I will try not to be disappointed if it is not him. :spinny:

joefrog

Apr 29, 2008
Clive, Iowa
I like that Dave Christensen idea. Look at his bio and his recruiting footprint. I would absolutely love to copy what Mizzou does offensively, and I think we have the talent to follow their model rather quickly.

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
ISUCubswin. He is 22-9 in NCAA 14 online and is on a 13 game winning streak. He's absolutely hot right now and consistently makes the right adjustments to get the wins.

If that doesn't work out, Mike Bajakian from Cincinnati could do good things for us.

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
ISUCubswin. He is 22-9 in NCAA 14 online and is on a 13 game winning streak. He's absolutely hot right now and consistently makes the right adjustments to get the wins.

If that doesn't work out, Mike Bajakian from Cincinnati could do good things for us.
Probably plays on Varsity though.

nhclone

Nov 20, 2008
My guess is they wait and see who becomes available after bowl season and firings. If nobody they really want accepts an offer, they probably go to Klenakis or Sturdy.

Help Support Us

Become a patron