New Official Beer Bracket

2speedy1

Jan 4, 2014
Too many good beers missing, Especially PBR. I cant believe PBR isnt in this list, I could guarantee many people especially those that have actually tried it, would have it going to the final 4, at least out of these in this list.

Some I think you need, and staying away from ABinbev/SAB; Pabst Blue Ribbon, Old Milwaukee light, Ice House, Red Dog, Schlitz, Hamms, Grain Belt/Light, Schells Light, Schells Deer Brand, Sam Adams Boston Lager

I realize some of these are less popular and not as available in areas, but they at least deserve a chance. A few are all time classics, a couple are 80s-90s retro hits, and some are just easy drinking all around popular beers, some have some very popular niche markets in certain areas.
I know of some small towns that you basically can only buy PBR, you go to the convenience stores they have cases of it, in stacks in the coolers, and maybe a 12 pack of bud light.
I know of towns that sell tons of Old Milwaukee, and little else, I know areas especially in MN that have huge Schells and Grain Belt followings. I know a town that sells tons of Old Mill Light.
So really it depends on finding that market and blowing it up. We really need a big brand to jump in and take over this thing while the Iron is hot so to speak, Iowa is ripe for the picking right now.

Last edited:

NetflixAndClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 6, 2015
The State of Hockey
I believe you but on face value that sounds like it would taste like ass.
o.jpg

Don’t blame you I was iffy to try it at first too.

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
I voted. Leinenkugel is way ahead of Heineken (my preference), but I'm OK with either advancing to the next round. Keystone over Molson I don't like as much.

Word-geek annoyance: It's Leinenkugel's, not Leinenkugels (plural) and Molson, not Molsons. Oh well.

cycopath25

Sep 8, 2006
(307)
I voted. Leinenkugel is way ahead of Heineken (my preference), but I'm OK with either advancing to the next round. Keystone over Molson I don't like as much.

Word-geek annoyance: It's Leinenkugel's, not Leinenkugels (plural) and Molson, not Molsons. Oh well.

Molson = not American USA!! USA!! USA!!

cydsho

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Omaha, NE
I don't know if we can force a new beer to be the "official" one. It's somehow got to come naturally. We can probably say CW really helped Busch Light become they way it was.
Based upon CW's latest craze, it will be a pumpkin beer......
Oh god, nevermind, lets just choose Miller High Life......

NickTheGreat

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 17, 2012
Central Iowa
Molson = not American USA!! USA!! USA!!

When SABMiller and Anheuser-Busch Inbev merged, they spun Molson and Coors off into Molson-Coors.

So Keystone and Molson are part of the same happy family. And Miller, but that's not what we're talking about.

2speedy1

Jan 4, 2014
When SABMiller and Anheuser-Busch Inbev merged, they spun Molson and Coors off into Molson-Coors.

So Keystone and Molson are part of the same happy family. And Miller, but that's not what we're talking about.
they had to sell off the MillerCoors brands because of the merger and monopoly etc.
MillerCoors or MolsonCoors is a separate entity from ABinbevSAB now

2speedy1

Jan 4, 2014
I don't know if we can force a new beer to be the "official" one. It's somehow got to come naturally. We can probably say CW really helped Busch Light become they way it was.
Based upon CW's latest craze, it will be a pumpkin beer......
Oh god, nevermind, lets just choose Miller High Life......
Yeah I agree, plus I still think this bracket was too limited too. Its fun though.
Still say with out a few like PBR, Hamms, Old Mill, Grain Belt. Its kinda hard for me to really say this is a fair fight.
I also am not sure if people are voting Leine's for all their variations or the original, which is good, but not as popular around Iowa.

• Dislike
Reactions: cycopath25

cycopath25

Sep 8, 2006
(307)
Yeah I agree, plus I still think this bracket was too limited too. Its fun though.
Still say with out a few like PBR, Hamms, Old Mill, Grain Belt. Its kinda hard for me to really say this is a fair fight.
I also am not sure if people are voting Leine's for all their variations or the original, which is good, but not as popular around Iowa.

Then I encourage you to make your own bracket once this is over. I compiled the list in a very brief amount of time while working. Very little thought went in to all variations. I mean if we wanted to get crazy we could ad Sam Adams, Yuengling, and 1000s of micro brews.

2speedy1

Jan 4, 2014
Then I encourage you to make your own bracket once this is over. I compiled the list in a very brief amount of time while working. Very little thought went in to all variations. I mean if we wanted to get crazy we could ad Sam Adams, Yuengling, and 1000s of micro brews.
Not sure you can get Yuengling in Iowa. :cool:

Ya did see where I said it was fun though right?

abcguyks

Apr 11, 2006
Olathe
What beer is 'Boulevard' supposed to be? They brew dozens of beers. Some good, some not so good.