ChrisMWilliams

Publisher
Staff member
Bookie
Apr 10, 2006
Bondurant, Iowa
www.CycloneFanatic.com
Hey guys -

I'm excited to announce today that in the coming months, Brent Blum and I will be recording what we're tabbing as the "Cyclone Fanatic Podcast Summer Series" that will be presented by Buffalo Wild Wings in Ankeny and Ames.

There will be six of these to help pass the summer months. Blum, Adam Gray and I have selected four of the categories. We want you guys to select the other two. Go ahead and be creative with this. Throw out some ideas. We will then dumb the list down to a few and put things up for a vote.

1. Most Despised Opponents (Teams, Players, Coaches)
2. Top "What If" Scenarios
3. Top Games in Williams/Blum Era (set this at 2000)
4. Top Players (both fball & bball)

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
Most blown out of proportion news stories since 2000 i.e. the "riff" between Pollard and Leath regarding the MBB coach.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
I've just heard a lot about the people wanting me on one of these things. Just passing it along.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Best and worst posters on cyclonefanatic. Let us know how you really feel.

Might not make a summer series podcast, but an idea came: maybe some history into coaching searches past: obviously we know who was selected, but who turned us down, who did we turn down?

DeereClone

Nov 16, 2009
Most despised opponents could get a little iffy. Teams and coaches are definitely fair game, but having a radio show devoted to people calling in and saying how much they "hate" a 19 year old kid who happens to wear a different color jersey might be a line you don't want to toe.

DeereClone

Nov 16, 2009
Biggest Cyclone Nutkicks and Biggest Cyclone Surprises would be a fun call in show.

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa
2015/2016 Breakout players. Make bold predictions of who is going to lead the Cardinal and Gold. Special emphasis on new or previously inexperienced players that you predict will make great strides.

brentblum

Administrator
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 26, 2007
Most despised opponents could get a little iffy. Teams and coaches are definitely fair game, but having a radio show devoted to people calling in and saying how much they "hate" a 19 year old kid who happens to wear a different color jersey might be a line you don't want to toe.

Fair point, this is just a podcast, so "despise" is going to be used in a light-hearted way. But, I truly did not care for Steve Alford, DJ Harrison, Edjuardo Najera, Norm Stewart, the Morris Twins, Jacob Jaacks, Jason Sutherland, Scot Pollard, Greg Ostertag, Chase Daniel....

DeereClone

Nov 16, 2009
Fair point, this is just a podcast, so "despise" is going to be used in a light-hearted way. But, I truly did not care for Steve Alford, DJ Harrison, Edjuardo Najera, Norm Stewart, the Morris Twins, Jacob Jaacks, Jason Sutherland, Scot Pollard, Greg Ostertag, Chase Daniel....

Totally agree, you guys will do it in good-natured fun. I could just see it turning into a drunken Drew Tate hatefest from the callers.

And I am pretty sure no one liked Edjaurdo Najera. Just throwing that out there.

inCyteful

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 28, 2012
Fort Collins, CO

Good lord Brent, I am going to need to enter anger management therapy after reading all of those names in the same post. Are you old enough to despise Norm, did you really chant "Sit Down Norm" to him?

brentblum

Administrator
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 26, 2007
Good lord Brent, I am going to need to enter anger management therapy after reading all of those names in the same post. Are you old enough to despise Norm, did you really chant "Sit Down Norm" to him?

Oh yes, I learned my first cuss word in Hilton Coliseum thanks to that man!

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
That's good. We could just do a podcast on coaching search rumors that never saw the light of day. I could write a book on that.

gillispie.jpg

DeereClone

Nov 16, 2009
Favorite Big 12 Road Trips/Suggestions for Clone fans thinking about doing a road trip.