NEW Star Wars Teaser!!!!

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
How long is CF going to set the spoiler embargo? Everyone is always all for keeping details to themselves until they see a movie, but then they're like, "**** it all."

Fitzy

Tracer Bullet
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2014
La La Land
How long is CF going to set the spoiler embargo? Everyone is always all for keeping details to themselves until they see a movie, but then they're like, "**** it all."
Spoilers should be allowed to be posted from the moment you see the movie, so long as you put them under the spoiler tag.

From there, it's not your fault if the reader opens and sees the spoiler.

VTXCyRyD

Sep 2, 2010
Spoilers should be allowed to be posted from the moment you see the movie, so long as you put them under the spoiler tag.

Don't you tell me I can't open that button.

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010

Of course, but at some point people it'd be OK to talk about it here without the tags. When will that be? I won't likely be able to see it for a couple weeks, but I don't expect people here to keep from publicly discussing it on CF that long.

bosco

Dec 21, 2008
Des Moines
I broke down and read IGN's spoiler free review. One thing they did note is that the movie is more violent than the originals and has some blood. I didn't even realize it is pg-13. Not passing judgement on anyone taking kids, just something to keep in mind that it sounds like it's a little more intense than previous movies.

I & II made my eyes bleed so PG be damned.

bosco

Dec 21, 2008
Des Moines
I struggle with this a lot now that I have young kids. I don't want them to see inappropriate stuff, or things that are too much for them. However, at the same time, as a kid that grew up in the 80's, there were a lot of movies that we saw as younger kids were more intense than a lot of stuff released today. I mean I saw Temple of Doom as a young kid and a guy's still beating heart got ripped out of his chest.

I know what you mean. I have a 4 year old and struggle with this a lot. Every kid is different, so I think across the board age restrictions are silly. I'm not passing judgement on anybody, just something to be aware of because I wasn't. But I never planned on taking my kid. It's not even the violence, she's just too young for complex stories. She's still watching Peppa Pig.

Crap. Maybe Lucas got it right with the prequels after all.

Fitzy

Tracer Bullet
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2014
La La Land
Of course, but at some point people it'd be OK to talk about it here without the tags. When will that be? I won't likely be able to see it for a couple weeks, but I don't expect people here to keep from publicly discussing it on CF that long.
Yeah, good question. People were still freaking out about posting Game of Thrones spoilers like 4-5 months after the season finale aired for the last season.

bosco

Dec 21, 2008
Des Moines
You SOB's with you're spoiler tags. Oh it's not my fault you looked. That's like leaving out a glass pipe and lighter to a crack head.

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
And to those of you who don't want to see the spoilers, don't quote the spoiler post. It exposes the content.

EnhancedFujita

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2013
Johnston
Me every time I see one of these spoiler tags:

200.gif

cmjh10

Dec 5, 2012
Buffalo Center
[video=youtube;ZTLAx3VDX7g]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTLAx3VDX7g&list=PLykzf464sU98rlutFx0wj7LXv0SMjiFD-[/video]

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
[video=youtube;ZTLAx3VDX7g]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTLAx3VDX7g&list=PLykzf464sU98rlutFx0wj7LXv0SMjiFD-[/video]

That was pretty awesome. I'm trying to contain my excitement for this movie but I just can't.

Help Support Us

Become a patron