New Tablet - Looking for Apps Suggestions

mkcrawford

Mar 20, 2006
Fellow Fanatics, I picked out a new Tablet this week and am looking for suggestions for quality apps. It's the Toshiba Thrive 10.1" Android tablet. It's a family tablet so my wife, 11 y/o son, & 5 y/o daughter will all be using it. I would like to have some capability for create, review, & modify Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc. documents. Here are some other functions we'd like:

*Watch movies/shows online (Netflix App, ???)
*Read books (Kindle App, ???) (Also where do you get your ebooks?)
*Age appropriate games for son (Flick Golf, games, sports, etc.)
*Age appropriate games for daughter (coloring app, word games, memory games)

Anything else you've discovered that you can't believe you ever lived without :v_SPIN:

Thanks

ISUAgronomist

Nov 5, 2009
On the farm, IA
*Watch movies/shows online (Netflix App, ???)
*Read books (Kindle App, ???) (Also where do you get your ebooks?)
*Age appropriate games for son (Flick Golf, games, sports, etc.)
*Age appropriate games for daughter (coloring app, word games, memory games)

Anything else you've discovered that you can't believe you ever lived without :v_SPIN:

Thanks

Kindle app for books & buy them from Amazon
Games - Angry Birds is free

cy1

Feb 28, 2012
I have cf on my phone i dont know if they have it for tablets

MaccloNe

Sep 21, 2011
I suggest returning it and getting the iPad 3 in a couple weeks. You bought Grandview when you could have had Iowa State.

MaccloNe

Sep 21, 2011
Give it a rest already.

Nope. Trying to help the guy out. Why are the Android tablets failing to gain marketshare? Why buy something from a company that may not be in the tablet business a year from now when you can buy a device that has sold 50 million already?

Take off your google goggles and give it a rest already. I guess some Iowa State fans are so used to losing they can't ever go with a winner.

:yes::yes::yes::yes::twitcy::twitcy::twitcy:

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown
I suggest returning it and getting the iPad 3 in a couple weeks. You bought Grandview when you could have had Iowa State.

My son has a kindle fire, it can do everything my ipad can do at 1/3rd the price.

Help Support Us

Become a patron