New to the site

clonefan_80

May 28, 2007
Ames
Hey guys, I got frustrated when Paul shut down the rivals board and I just heard about this site yesterday. So here are my thoughts on the upcoming football season:

Our offense should be able to hold it's own. Obviously QB and WRs shouldn't be a problem. The main question marks then are RB and O-line. With some Juco's and our previous guys with another year of experience, our offensive line can't be any worse that it was last year. At RB, I really hope that J.J. Bass can be the starter because I just don't think Scales can cut it by himself. I'm sure they'll both get plenty of playing time and maybe we'll have ourselves a dynamic two back system.

I'm really not too worried about our defense either. Tyrone McKenzie transferring sucked big time, but we should be able to mix and match and come up with a good set of starters out of Bowen, Carper, Smith, Garrin, and Banks. Secondary is going to be young, but I think Singleton and Smith (Mac was very high on him before he got hurt) can be studs. Is McDowell still suspended from the team, or did he get kicked off?? The D-line is probably the biggest question mark on this side of the ball. We have Taylor back and hopefully Parker can keep the level of play he had for the first few games last year going all season long this time. At DT we might have to hope for a JUCO to step up for us again.

All in all I'm very excited for this year. I think the coaching change came at the perfect time because I wouldn't be this excited if we had the same old same old coming into this season. The only thing that worries me is that on both sides of the ball, our lines are the biggest question marks and once again, we have a tough schedule but at least the big ones (Texas & Oklahoma) are at home this year.

Once again, I look forward to discussing Cyclone sports with you guys and hearing what you think of my analysis and reading your own thoughts on the upcoming year.

Kyle

Mar 30, 2006
Is no one going to tell him about how he needs to eat a goldfish to keep posting after the first month?

Splendid

Apr 11, 2006
Des Moines
Welcome aboard, it's hard to imagine a Cyclone fan not knowing abot this site but wecome aboard anyway. I do hope everyone continues to support the other sites because they do a lot of good in their reporting and research on recruiting.

I think you are right on about not being excited if we still had Mac as the coach. We are all Cyclone fans and would buy the tickets out of loyalty and not because we bought into Macs hype one more time. I think we have one hell of a good fan base, outside of the 9-3 season of 01 what have we had to get excited about and yet for 3 decades we can always count on at least 30,000 in the worst of times. That is a fantastic base and can easily be doubled in the good times. Heres to hoping for the good times to finally arrive under Chizik.

Arkansas Cyclone

Nov 25, 2006
Bentonville, Arkansas
Hey guys, I got frustrated when Paul shut down the rivals board and I just heard about this site yesterday.

Once again, I look forward to discussing Cyclone sports with you guys and hearing what you think of my analysis and reading your own thoughts on the upcoming year.

You've found a great place. I, too, (formerly CyzMatters) was extremely frustrated when PC made changes to rival and then acted smug about it. I've been hanging out here for a number of months. Jeremy's done a great job with this site and deserves a large round of applause!

I think you're gonna like it here

dmclone

Oct 20, 2006
I've converted also. It's pretty sad when the cheapest site has the best design(cf).

LindenCy

Kevin Dresser Fan Club
Staff member
Mar 19, 2006
Chicago, IL
I also want to add my welcome and offer props to the board. This has been a Godsend for discussing Cyclone Athletics and more and is free. Although it is probably a good idea to add our support as we can.

Kyle

Mar 30, 2006
Kyle... we just meant a goldfish cracker... but when you thought we meant a real goldfish we decided not to say anything
Wait wait wait... you mean no one else here ate the goldfish? :sad9cd:

dbronco7sc

Mar 25, 2006
Brookings, SD
Visit site
One thing to note clonefan_80... and I'm not calling out you or any other posters in this thread because nothing bad has been posted...

...but this is just a fitting time to bring out a general reminder to everyone that we want to keep good blood going between all Cyclone supporting sites and ask everyone to not leave hate posts towards any of the other sites, their members, moderators or administrators.

Again, nobody said anything wrong as being frustrated is okay. It's just these types of threads have natural tendencies to get out of hand.

Now... back to more Cyclone Athletics!

Erik4Cy

Jan 22, 2007
Johnston, IA
www.cyclones.com
I don't think the WORD about this site has gotten put out well enough...rivals and scouts were all fine and dandy, but this site is 90times better...I think if you are a Cyclone fan at all whatsoever - you should have an account on here.

Help Support Us

Become a patron