Iowa State Uniform Discussions

stateofmind

Jul 16, 2007
Ankeny
It's not. Other posters have stated he's superstitious.

The bugle logo has only made one appearance so far (thank God)...
You mean the coach that will only wear ONE hat all season including camps? And the one that wears his college t-shirt under his Cyclone shirt? Nah, not superstitious at all.

k123

Sep 14, 2011
Iowa
I would like to see the Chrome-White-Cardinal vs Kansas, expect to see W/W/W, since we have not worn it yet, and almost wore the first vs Iowa.

(EDIT: Now that it is announced KU is W/W/Blue, who knows...)

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: cyyote15

TXCyclones

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 13, 2011
TX
You mean the coach that will only wear ONE hat all season including camps? And the one that wears his college t-shirt under his Cyclone shirt? Nah, not superstitious at all.
j7pnhdbxvycz.jpg

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
I think you would have to admit the collar on the road jersey is a million times better than the generic and "neutral" black with the current home jersey.

I want to clarify, I don't necessarily hate the black collar or the black accents. I do think of it as a neutral color. I also like white to be used in the same manor, and would like to see more of it. I was just stating how I can see and have heard what some are saying about using it, and the extra wide plane black collar seems a little out of place, as more of a feature than an accent.
I've given the collar some more thought. What do you guys think of these? r/r/r and b/r/b examples shown? Give give me feedback on the collar change. Ignore the pant stripes for now, and the black/red combo (and whether of not you like/dislike that); just look at the collar only. I'll throw in r/w/r, followed by current versions for comparison.
Cy Uniforms 2018  o1a - r r r   Red chr hel Std ISt lk-Red socks Blk chr face CY.jpg Cy Uniforms 2018  o1a - r r r   Red chr hel Std I-St Blk chr face New collar2 CY.jpg Cy Uniforms 2018  o5a - b r b   Blk chr hel Std ISt Blk-Red socks Red chr face CY.jpg Cy Uniforms 2018  o5a - b r b   Blk chr hel Std ISt Red-Blk socks Red chr face Collar2 CY.jpg Cy Uniforms 2018  j5a - r w r Red chr hel Std I-St Blk chr face CYCLONES.jpg Cy Uniforms 2018  c1a - r r r   Red chrome hel Std I-St Blk chrome face CY.jpg Cy Uniforms 2018  c5a - b r b   Blk chr hel Std ISt Red-Blk socks Red chr face CY.jpg

Reactions: CYCLNST8

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Regarding the black collar (modification), my goal was to give the red jersey/collar some more 'pop'/appeal, like the White jersey. I also wanted to keep the black elements, knowing that Coach will want this, and to promote good look w/ combinations should they chose to do that.

Reactions: ComCY