New unis look awesome in this video

• We Will Collective May Donor Drive - Last Day, Help Needed!

We're in the final hours of a critical push to signup donors for the May Donor Drive. Let your Cyclone friends know!

Please consider giving at We Will Collective.

cycophagus

Aug 16, 2012
MN
Can you define sweet, please?!?!?

You cannot see the players numbers unless there is a closeup. And there is no way to see the players names, or the "Iowa State" on the front, even in a closeup. Cardinal simply does not contrast with funeral parlor gray.

These unis are truly a fashion disaster!!!

fashion-disasters-02.jpg

cycophagus

Aug 16, 2012
MN
Glad to see something different in the wardrobe.

Yes, different is refreshing. As a TV viewer, though, trying to figure out what players are on the field, it was frustrating not being able to read the players names. I was having flashback to the Chizik era when they did not even put the players names on the uniform. And when the school is trying to promote its brand, you need to be able to actually ready the school name on the front.

How about if they switch the cardinal lettering to gold (canary yellow nowadays)? That would improve these alternate uniforms 100%. From awful to awesome, IMO.

• Winner
Reactions: BWRhasnoAC

cc1091

Oct 10, 2007
Minneapolis
I had no problem with the numerals. Some teams intentionally leave names of players off the jersey, so I have no problem with the player names not being highlighted. They look very good. A nice change from the McDonalds and USC look alike looks.

CyInDFW

Aug 14, 2015
Lewisville, TX
Yes, different is refreshing. As a TV viewer, though, trying to figure out what players are on the field, it was frustrating not being able to read the players names. I was having flashback to the Chizik era when they did not even put the players names on the uniform. And when the school is trying to promote its brand, you need to be able to actually ready the school name on the front.

How about if they switch the cardinal lettering to gold (canary yellow nowadays)? That would improve these alternate uniforms 100%. From awful to awesome, IMO.

Download the roster so you can look them up. As far as branding, the I State on the helmet is the branding. I'm pretty sure viewers can read Iowa State in the upper corner of the screen on the score box.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Didn't care for them much, but if the players and recruits like them, then I'm all for it.

MTCyclone43

Feb 22, 2016
I think they looked better than the uniforms that Tennessee wore this past Saturday against the Gators. I thought the Tennessee orange looked awesome against the gray. ISU's crimson and gold looked even better.

• Agree
Reactions: isu2014