New WBB Commit

kentkel

Apr 12, 2006
SCHROLL
Check the link from GoCyclones.com. Very interesting. I hope she's as good as her coach is advertising!!

cstrunk

Mar 21, 2006
Longview, TX
I like her enthusiasm, hopefully she can accomplish her goals (Final Four, WNBA). Sound like she still has some work to do to get there.

cmoore_23

Mar 23, 2006
Ankeny, IA
wow sounds like a good get..
these are my favorite quotes

"She is 5-10 and can jump out of the gym. The goal is to get her to dunk by the end of her senior season."
Can u imagine how loud hilton would be if this actually happened?!?!

"She wants to play in the WNBA. She wants to go to a Final Four and she is going to Iowa State to accomplish both goals."
Good Stuff...

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
So Rivals is not concerned that this info ws released so innocously by another dine sports website. What will Paul say?

BenEClone

Mar 21, 2006
Lincoln, Ne
mred, kentkel, thanks for the links. Also, thanks to Bobby La Gesse for the recruiting story. I'm sure it took some work.

I think the last glowing recruit story he ran was for Christian Graham - not an omen, I hope.

Oldgeezer

Mar 18, 2006
Waukon, Iowa
Coach Fennelly does a great job of finding sleeper/overlooked talent, also getting early commits from some players that were later highly regarded. This gal does not fit either mold, i.e. an early commit from a highly ranked player. Good job Bill!

BenEClone

Mar 21, 2006
Lincoln, Ne
I'll believe the dunk when I see it. :skeptical:

Otherwise, there are parallels to Katie Montgomery. Katie, sister of ISU OL Bob, tore her ACL in highschool. The injury limits the opportunity to impress recruiters. She had been a target for Fennelly who ended up taking Medders instead. I think it worked out for everyone. Katie did great at New Mexico; led the country in 3's a couple of years ago.