New Year's Resolutions: Iowa State Cyclones

cyclones12321

Feb 21, 2009
Newton Ia
There should absolutely not be a will not happen category when it comes to isu offense. If he was smart enough to check out our past road record then he should have been smart enough to look at our high scoring numbers over the last 3 years

cycophagus

Aug 16, 2012
MN
This article really highlights that the Cyclone MBB non-conference schedule does not measure up to what will be faced in conference play. Time will tell how Alabama, Arkansas, and Iowa develop this year. But the only legitimately tough opponent to date has been Maryland, and we know how that came out. With man-in-the-paint Jameel McKay yet to cut his teeth, we should anticipate growth experiences early in the Big 12 schedule.

EvilBetty

Sep 7, 2012
nice troll comment at the end too:

"Iowa State has already achieved their new year’s resolution: to be just relevant enough to garner a single headline on a major sports site. Up next for 2016: a resolution to find a Cyclone student who can actually read it."

CyCal

Apr 22, 2014
I'm really encouraged by the fact that our guys played better in the bigger games (except Maryland, which I see as an outlier). Legitimate concerns from the casual perspective, but I think we know what we've got.

I wouldn't say the Maryland game was really a "big game" at the time. We were still riding high off the GA ST beatdown and everybody was getting excited for the Arkansas game. I understand that it was a championship game, but I don't recall anyone really giving Maryland much respect before the game. I think the Terps snuck up on us a little bit and it has only turned into a "big game" after the fact because of how it turned out and because they have managed to maintain their ranking.