Next Up: Scheman Renovation

JayV

Really Big Member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 28, 2012
Good. It is a dump, and the University needs a good event space. ISU can host a lot of events, not just athletic, if we had decent facilities.
The do host a lot of events in Scheman already. Updating it will make a nicer impression on the attendees at those events. Hopefully attracting people to come back for game days, and possibly attracting more events.

Reactions: BigTurk

jcisuclones

Nov 23, 2011
Ames, IA
When this was first announced, weren't they saying that this would essentially be a new pre/halftime/post game club area for basketball games due to Johnny's being overcrowded? I want to say a covered skywalk was discussed as well.

ISU22CY

Dec 15, 2012
Iowa
When this was first announced, weren't they saying that this would essentially be a new pre/halftime/post game club area for basketball games due to Johnny's being overcrowded? I want to say a covered skywalk was discussed as well.
Wrestling has post-match socials at Scheman which are always good

Reactions: Cyclone Pfan

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006

See also:
*Post #1
*Post #10

Reactions: jcisuclones

psycln11

Apr 20, 2006
Ankeny
The do host a lot of events in Scheman already. Updating it will make a nicer impression on the attendees at those events. Hopefully attracting people to come back for game days, and possibly attracting more events.
As an Engineer, I've attended several conferences and events at Scheman over the past 20 years. A lot of those have been moving to other conference facilities. Some of it has been space issues and some of it has been food price and quality in talking to people on the planning committees.