Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Last edited:

SuperCy

Nov 30, 2006
Smallville/Metropolis
See, I think that they were just being morons. It's not like he's been wrongfully accused and convicted. He did the crime and now he has to do the time. I'm sorry, I just think that it's ignorant of his teammates to make a display like this.

Plus, if the NFL will fine someone for wearing their socks too high then why wouldn't they fine them for this?

guitarchitect7

Oct 8, 2006
www.chrisboeke.com
But is that clear to the mas audiance on that difference. My first reaction was that this was crap, and really it still is, but I see their point. I wouldn't have fined anyone, but might have told them to stop.

HILLCYD

Nov 22, 2006
They are supporting a convicted felon that lied about it multiple times. Good for the NFL.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
See, I think that they were just being morons. It's not like he's been wrongfully accused and convicted. He did the crime and now he has to do the time. I'm sorry, I just think that it's ignorant of his teammates to make a display like this.

Plus, if the NFL will fine someone for wearing their socks too high then why wouldn't they fine them for this?

Good point. I'm totally up for sticking up for a friend, but I see your point on this.

cloneu

Jul 26, 2007
Urbandale
www.golfdsm.com
I hate how the NFL fines players for such small tacky stuff, especially the uniform violation stuff. But at the same time the NFL is the reason that they make all the money they do so they should follow the rules. But I will bet they will live without the $10K.

DMBclone

Nov 27, 2006
Kansas City, MO
The shirt said "Free Mike Vick"...free him from what, he admitted to dog fighting after he went to the commish and lied to him. I don't know what they are trying to "free" him from. If it said "We support Vick" then I wouldn't fine him. They are showing their support to their QB but "Free Him" thats a different story.

DaddyMac

Oct 18, 2006
They're probably supporting him because he negated to mention numerous "guests" to his house. :skeptical:

Sorry - what he did is reprehensible and he deserves nobody's support until he pays his debt. And anyone who feels he's being unfairly treated deserves no respect as well.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
The shirt said "Free Mike Vick"...free him from what, he admitted to dog fighting after he went to the commish and lied to him. I don't know what they are trying to "free" him from. If it said "We support Vick" then I wouldn't fine him. They are showing their support to their QB but "Free Him" thats a different story.
I agree completely. It is one thing to give a friend support to turn his life around, and quite another to imply that he's wrongly imprisoned. That's called enabling.

Erik4Cy

Jan 22, 2007
Johnston, IA
www.cyclones.com

Exactly what i was thinking...I didn't get the shirts at all - I was like "they want a convicted felon freed?" okay:mask:...let's let out all convicted murderers and rapists while we are at it.

I get supporting a friend, but sorry Vick is no longer a teammate, idc what people say. When he gets out IF and that's IF he comes back to football, he will NOT be welcomed back to the Atlanta Falcons (unless somehow Arthur Blank isn't there.) We've got awhile until then, but i thought those shirts were just stupid. Free Vick? seriously? okay, then let all pot smoking dog killers go. dumb.