Niang on KXNO

jahfg

Apr 19, 2006
Ames
I've said this before, but I will say it again...#31 will be hanging in the rafters.

Hope he has the 1st team AA season we need to make a FF run. That would seal it for sure and maybe give Fred a run as most popular Cyclone ever.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Niang saved it for them. He rolled with their lameness and kept it interesting.

Said some cool new stuff. Like being concerned when the first photo he saw of Prohm was him yelling. Spoke quite candidly about how they know he is going to make them play harder on defense.

Can we edit it so we only have to listen to Niang?

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
By the time Georges leaves, the only Cyclone more beloved will be the one who brought him to Ames. If there was a Cyclone bball Mt Rushmore, Georges is on there.

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
Central Iowa radio is unbearably bad. The talent level in a small market like Des Moines is really apparent.

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
Is that a cheap shot at CW?

No, it's just a brutal overall sports radio market, IMO. Chris's show is the brightest spot in DSM sports talk, and he just started a couple of months ago.

That probably says more about the other radio shows than it does Chris.

MilehighClone

Sep 14, 2007
By the time Georges leaves, the only Cyclone more beloved will be the one who brought him to Ames. If there was a Cyclone bball Mt Rushmore, Georges is on there.

Agreed. Won't surprise me a bit if Georges has a similar career path as Freddy.

CyberJJJ

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2006
Johnston, IA
It's a no-brainer if he doesn't rob a Burger King.
I remember when Mack was shot in the keester by the cop, and the quote from the cop was something like "He is lucky. We are trained to shoot to kill." And I was laughing to myself that you are trained for a kill shot and on a 6'8" you hit him in the 'tocks? Dude, you need more practice at the range!

Cyowan008

Feb 27, 2014
Ankeny, IA
I may be alone on this but I think I would put Mel in the rafters over Niang. I know he's getting pretty high up on the stat lists in school history, but if you want overall body of work of what you want an ISU student-athlete to be, then Ejim is your guy. Ejim also had some great accomplishments on the court as well. I would not have a problem with either/both up there and can see it either way.

CyberJJJ

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2006
Johnston, IA
Nice talking about greatness on the team and who is greater versus lesser! While Georges won't pass Melvin in rebounds, or likely GPA (Melvin was a fantastic student), Georges is only ~130 points below Ejim in career scoring, if he scores 500 points next year (he has scored more than that each of the past two years) he will be our only third 2000 point career scorer and will surpass Fred's 3rd place total. The two guys above him on the list and the guy below him at that point would have their jersey's retired, so I believe it would be a safe bet to say Georges would as well.

I prefer the genius of the "AND" (both have jersey's hanging together) rather than the tyranny of the "OR", but it is just one, I would bet Gerorges.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
I may be alone on this but I think I would put Mel in the rafters over Niang. I know he's getting pretty high up on the stat lists in school history, but if you want overall body of work of what you want an ISU student-athlete to be, then Ejim is your guy. Ejim also had some great accomplishments on the court as well. I would not have a problem with either/both up there and can see it either way.

Barring a disaster Georges will play on 4 teams that won 20+ games, 4 teams that made it the tourney, 2(and counting) big 12 tourney champs....he and Naz are the only ISU guys that make those claims. The difference being Georges was a contributor on all of those teams. Love Mel, hope he gets his number up there too but Georges is in uncharted territory for ISU players.

cyfamily

Mar 19, 2015
Remember when he signed with us...Fred said the fans will love this kid. Yup! One of my all time favorites.