Niang will be on the opening day roster for the Pacers

ILikeCy

Dec 16, 2008
Omaha
As expected by most of us (but not all), Georges survived the final roster cuts. This was almost a sure thing due to his guaranteed contract, but I suppose they could have cut him and would have had to pay him anyway. But that was unlikely. They wouldn't have given him the guaranteed contract as a second rounder, if they weren't committed to giving him a chance.

The Pacers' first game is Wednesday, October 26, at home against the Mavericks.

http://www.indycornrows.com/2016/10...-julyan-stone-jeremy-evans-to-finalize-roster

Congratulations, Georges!

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
Sweet, I hope he gets some chances this year and ends up playing well for them. Every year initially will be a matter of survival as it always is for the borderline NBA guys.

DurangoCy

Jul 5, 2010
Durango, CO
*giggity*

Congrats Georges!
The fact that a middle aged white woman is quoting Quagmire is excellent
Glenn_Quagmire_by_CartmanPT_zpsc6fa7719.jpg

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Congrats Georges!
The fact that a middle aged white woman is quoting Quagmire is excellent
Glenn_Quagmire_by_CartmanPT_zpsc6fa7719.jpg
Middle-aged? You're very generous! :D
And I was actually emulating the bouncing happy yellow emoji we used to have called "giggity". I looked this dude up...it adds a rather disturbing quality to my post. Thanks a heap!!!

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
With Paul George playing ahead of him I doubt he'll get a lot of minutes

He isn't PG's backup, so that doesn't really have much to do with anything. He won't be in the rotation to start the season, but he could potentially crack it if a combination of things happen. What he has going for him is that he's a good shooter on a team in desperate need of a couple, and he's been praised by Nate McMillan for being able to make the right reads on offense. The guys he'll compete with for minutes are CJ Miles, Glenn Robinson III, Lavoy Allen, Rakeem Christmas, and Kevin Seraphin. And a lot of that will depend on matchups on any given night, because those guys all bring different skill sets to the table. Indy has a really funky roster. McMillan has his work cut out for him trying to figure out how to fit all the strengths and weaknesses together.

HardcoreClone

Jul 28, 2006
Yeah all it takes is one injury or bad slump of production from one of those guys and Georges could be playing regularly.

Plus Georges should only improve as he gets more comfortable with the NBA size and speed everyday. He's a guy who consistently make plays in practice, and eventually it's hard for the coach to ignore that.

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
He isn't PG's backup, so that doesn't really have much to do with anything. He won't be in the rotation to start the season, but he could potentially crack it if a combination of things happen. What he has going for him is that he's a good shooter on a team in desperate need of a couple, and he's been praised by Nate McMillan for being able to make the right reads on offense. The guys he'll compete with for minutes are CJ Miles, Glenn Robinson III, Lavoy Allen, Rakeem Christmas, and Kevin Seraphin. And a lot of that will depend on matchups on any given night, because those guys all bring different skill sets to the table. Indy has a really funky roster. McMillan has his work cut out for him trying to figure out how to fit all the strengths and weaknesses together.

I agree,,, Georges will need some injuries and roster turnover to fall for him to really crack the rotation.
That said, Niang's ability to be a high contributor has been questioned at every level and he has wildly out performed expectations. It wasn't that long ago many "experts" didn't think he'd be drafted let alone get a contract and make the team as a rookie. I for one won't be doubting him to contribute helps the coach and GM really like his potential so I think he'll get a fair chance to make the rotation early.

Reactions: jbindm

DurangoCy

Jul 5, 2010
Durango, CO
Middle-aged? You're very generous! :D
And I was actually emulating the bouncing happy yellow emoji we used to have called "giggity". I looked this dude up...it adds a rather disturbing quality to my post. Thanks a heap!!!

I was having a hard time making that connection based on what I knew about you and what I knew about Quagmire. This makes more sense.

However, I'm going to go ahead and continue to now think you watch Family Guy religiously. :)

• Funny
Reactions: carvers4math

ImJustKCClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
I was having a hard time making that connection based on what I knew about you and what I knew about Quagmire. This makes more sense.

However, I'm going to go ahead and continue to now think you watch Family Guy religiously. :)
That would be a "nope". Imagine it all you want..ain't gonna make it so!

Meanwhile, I'm bleaching my brain to remove the image of that guy and his description!

ImJustKCClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Watching the vid, Georges has his work cut out for him. He's used to all of us reacting to his antics, and when he asks us to do something (cheer louder, etc) we DO it. He was having a little bit of trouble getting that crowd to join in with him. :(

Clones8686

Jan 19, 2015
Well talk about crappy luck, the Pacers game at Denver is actually going to be played in London - I figured I would have at least one shot to see Georges this year but guess not!

HitItHard58

Nov 3, 2012
Story Co.
Watching the vid, Georges has his work cut out for him. He's used to all of us reacting to his antics, and when he asks us to do something (cheer louder, etc) we DO it. He was having a little bit of trouble getting that crowd to join in with him. :(
Yeah what a bunch of lazy sloths. I'll never understand people who go to an event where people are trying to entertain them and they don't participate. He asked them to stand and that was too much for 75% of them.

• Agree
Reactions: carvers4math