Nice Veishea Friday...

Detasseler

Jul 16, 2007
Campus
Don't you old guys wish you could be a student and be done at 11 AM, go home and play some bags and drink for the rest of the afternoon? Being in college is great!

kg-cyclone

Oct 30, 2006
Don't you old guys wish you could be a student and be done at 11 AM, go home and play some bags and drink for the rest of the afternoon? Being in college is great!
Came into work early this morning...that is exactly what I have planned:wink:

2020cy

Aug 7, 2006
Back in the day we would chasing away a hangover for about the 3rd day in a row today @ this time.

dbronco7sc

Mar 25, 2006
Brookings, SD
Visit site
/looks out office window/

I hate you.

/looks at wall in search of office window/
/looks back at computer screen after failing to see office window/

I'm only 24 and you both just made the rest of today miserable for me.

DJK15

Apr 17, 2008

You have to be in college to do this?

Reactions: mj4cy

CyDude16

Oct 2, 2008
Heads in the sky
Only going to one class today so I can get extra credit, then its time to go to central campus and toss the frisbee around. :yes:

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
/looks at wall in search of office window/
/looks back at computer screen after failing to see office window/

I'm only 24 and you both just made the rest of today miserable for me.

At least you and I get to be students again tonight!

Tho I really miss playing frisbee in front of the camponile over lunch, I don't miss all nighters, always have homework, no money and no idea what I'm going to do in the future.

snowcraig2.0

Nov 2, 2007
Cedar Rapids, IA
Ah, back in the day we would have been carrying the couch out on the front lawn on Knapp St, going to the keg shop to get a pony keg for the afternoon, and drinking the rest of the day away. Then I would stumble down to Sips where I pretended to be a DJ but really just had a couple hour long CD's that I made that I would play. God I miss college!

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
I could go for a Cafe Boudelare Long Island served by that dude in the suspenders.

price26

Sep 1, 2006
Ames, IA
For all of you stuck in the office today it could be worse:

I've spent all VEISHEA week off campus except for class on Monday and a test I took this morning.

All week I've been fighting pain in my back and right now doctors are on the verge of trying to figure out what is wrong with my kidneys.

So my VEISHEA week has officially gone to the crapper. Hoping I can at least go out tonight and enjoy myself without consuming any alcohol.

illinoiscyclone

Jan 30, 2008
Wisconsin
this veishea (through the week) is way better than the last. Its sad to me that it is only like this during veishea though. I finally feel like a college kid.

dbronco7sc

Mar 25, 2006
Brookings, SD
Visit site
this veishea (through the week) is way better than the last. Its sad to me that it is only like this during veishea though. I finally feel like a college kid.

What about it specifically (for those of us gone from campus)?

My favorite was my freshman year when they had a sky-diving simulator (the giant fan 40 feet in the air and you wear the winged suits). Another year they had laser tag on campus that was somewhat fun.

It's always interesting to hear what they do each year.

Swanson10

Jun 12, 2008
Why is it people only party like this during Veishea? You can do the same amount of drinking any day of the week, why wait and limit it to Veishea?

CyDude16

Oct 2, 2008
Heads in the sky
Why is it people only party like this during Veishea? You can do the same amount of drinking any day of the week, why wait and limit it to Veishea?

I did my fair share of partying like this first semester, weekly, and it kicked my ***. Plus i struggled to get school work done, so i cut down to 2-3 nights.