Nick Babb Outlook

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
Right, he transferred at semester in 14-15 and only had to sit the spring 15 semester for Oakland, obviously. Poor kid still didn't get much play this year I don't think

ought to be a rule when a kid does this, the school he transfers to should pick up the bill for the previous year.

TxClone31

Jun 21, 2010
My sources tell me this... Nick not only ran the point for the scout team this year, it's been reported by several players that he would kill the starters at times when they scrimmaged!! If Prohm said he would be in the rotation this year, you can believe that he will be getting significant minutes next year. Nick can play the 1-3 easily, defend like his brother, but jump out of the gym. You will be very surprised by his athletic ability, as he's much more athletic than Chris. His basketball IQ is very high! For those saying he might not see the floor, you'll be in for a surprise!

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
My sources tell me this... Nick not only ran the point for the scout team this year, it's been reported by several players that he would kill the starters at times when they scrimmaged!! If Prohm said he would be in the rotation this year, you can believe that he will be getting significant minutes next year. Nick can play the 1-3 easily, defend like his brother, but jump out of the gym. You will be very surprised by his athletic ability, as he's much more athletic than Chris. His basketball IQ is very high! For those saying he might not see the floor, you'll be in for a surprise!

That's great news!

WastedTalent

Oct 22, 2012

More athletic than Chris.....
a86e521beb41ab4ae0bb6bd719215fdc.jpg

Last edited:

digZ

Sep 2, 2011
Colorado

Interesting, hope this post doesn't result in some posters hyping him up like crazy and resulting in disappointment. Sometimes practice skills don't translate to the real game, especially for underclassmen. Hope to see him contribute, having an extremely athletic guard who can also run the point would be a really nice follow on for Monte.

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis

Nick played some PG in HS and if you look prep video it wouldn't surprise me if he got some work there at ISU. Babb get some minutes next year (limited by the presence of Morris, Thomas, Cooke and Jackson, but be a large contributor his last two years benefit of the transfer after his freshman year. We'll see some 4 guard line ups next year

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012

First of all, I sure hope you're right, but at the same time I'm not getting pumped until we see game action under the lights against big12 competition. That description makes it sound so good, as if he would have played more minutes at Arkansas then. But time will tell. Thanks for the encouraging info, tho!

CyFy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 13, 2014
Huxley
First of all, I sure hope you're right, but at the same time I'm not getting pumped until we see game action under the lights against big12 competition. That description makes it sound so good, as if he would have played more minutes at Arkansas then. But time will tell. Thanks for the encouraging info, tho!

He would have been fighting that quals kid at Arkansas for playing time who was a freak athlete

RustShack

Chiefs Dynasty
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 27, 2010
Overland Park
There are coaches out there who don't play freshman. It's not unheard of for a good team with depth to not play a good freshman.

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
Right, he transferred at semester in 14-15 and only had to sit the spring 15 semester for Oakland, obviously. Poor kid still didn't get much play this year I don't think

Not true. He played all season and got quite a bit of PT this season. I believe he started to begin the year, but was coming off the bench later.

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
Not really surprising. He's got the pedigree.

It is surprising, he's a three star recruit with a few nice offers out of HS but not considered elite. Feel free to look back at his commitment thread and how many people doubted he was a Big12 talent were against Fred taking him on as transfer.

I like that Monte is building him up and Nick's his size and ability. It appears that he really used his red shirt year to improve his weaknesses and Prohm and his teammates have taken notice. I'd expect him to get 20ish minutes per game next year and possibly starting next at this point.

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
It is surprising, he's a three star recruit with a few nice offers out of HS but not considered elite. Feel free to look back at his commitment thread and how many people doubted he was a Big12 talent were against Fred taking him on as transfer.

I like that Monte is building him up and Nick's his size and ability. It appears that he really used his red shirt year to improve his weaknesses and Prohm and his teammates have taken notice. I'd expect him to get 20ish minutes per game next year and possibly starting next at this point.

Give me a good reason to believe one word from armchair scouts.

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012

Not that it matters but I heard Fred didn't have much to do with taking him on as a transfer. But yes, it happened while he was recovering and program was about to be in transition.
Regardless, looking forward to 3 more years of Nck and what he can do!!

DurangoCy

Jul 5, 2010
Durango, CO
Chris basically saying Nick was the longer armed, better version of him when talking to CW got me a little excited. I think he'll be a big contributor the next couple of years and there hasn't been much chatter about him.

Jakolby Long seems like he'll be the odd one out this year, which isn't terrible for a freshman.