***NIL Mafia***

VikesFan22

Nov 9, 2011
Ames, IA
The amount of post 9:05 talk in this game was insane. I really don’t like the strategy talk during night period. Also looking at whether someone is online or not ruins a lot of what this game is imo.
Kinda hard to miss the big green dot. Maybe that's something that can be turned off.

bsaltyman

Drinker of Ames Lager
SuperFanatic
Sep 20, 2012
Ames, IA
Next time I’m mafia I’m just going to message the mayor the time I want my hit to go through earlier in the day, and then make sure I’m offline for a couple hours prior to that.

Reactions: Fitzy

Fitzy

Tracer Bullet
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2014
La La Land
Future mafia members should remember to submit their kill options early in the day and then stay offline on half days…

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
I’m curious - I didn’t post between 12:38 and 4:00. I was not on CF other than my 2 minute message to Fitzy submitting the kill around 2:10 and then 5-10 minutes to post my 4:00 theory. But I always have CF open on my computer. Was I green all afternoon?

cyfanatic13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Some thoughts from the mayor in no particular order

1) I’m very sad JM got voted out Day 1, which leads me to
2) The game is so much more fun when everyone is posting theories and partaking in discussion. Popping into vote and that being your only post every day is kinda lame. Totally understand that real life is more important and sometimes you get too busy to do more than that.
3) I’m mad at myself for not incorporating a backup recruiter for each side. That was a huge part of the set up and I was intrigued to see how it’d play out, but then both teams were done recruiting after day 3 I think?
4) both small schools and the mafia groups played well and had good strategy. Smart of small schools to send salty out as the mouthpiece but smarter by the mafia to sniff it out and go after others first, although I still think the spiker hit was a lucky shot in the dark
5) if I was playing, once Fitzy was voted out and ID’ed as mafia I would’ve gone after cubs right away even though i don’t even think he played a role in recruiting him, those two are the OG Butt Buddies
6) Hope everyone had fun and glad to see mafia is back. Apologies for some of the mayoral delays and issues at times with vote counts, updates, etc. but I don’t have a job that’s very internet mafia friendly anymore

VikesFan22

Nov 9, 2011
Ames, IA
I’m curious - I didn’t post between 12:38 and 4:00. I was not on CF other than my 2 minute message to Fitzy submitting the kill around 2:10 and then 5-10 minutes to post my 4:00 theory. But I always have CF open on my computer. Was I green all afternoon?
You don't even have a dot. For that reason, I just checked the settings and there's a spot to turn off your status.

Fitzy

Tracer Bullet
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2014
La La Land

2) The game is so much more fun when everyone is posting theories and partaking in discussion. Popping into vote and that being your only post every day is kinda lame. Totally understand that real life is more important and sometimes you get too busy to do more than that.
3) I’m mad at myself for not incorporating a backup recruiter for each side. That was a huge part of the set up and I was intrigued to see how it’d play out, but then both teams were done recruiting after day 3 I think?
4) both small schools and the mafia groups played well and had good strategy. Smart of small schools to send salty out as the mouthpiece but smarter by the mafia to sniff it out and go after others first, although I still think the spiker hit was a lucky shot in the dark
5) if I was playing, once Fitzy was voted out and ID’ed as mafia I would’ve gone after cubs right away even though i don’t even think he played a role in recruiting him, those two are the OG Butt Buddies
6) Hope everyone had fun and glad to see mafia is back. Apologies for some of the mayoral delays and issues at times with vote counts, updates, etc. but I don’t have a job that’s very internet mafia friendly anymore
Regarding #5, yes, Moores was solely responsible for recruiting me. And North had the reason nailed the day or two after it happened.

bsaltyman

Drinker of Ames Lager
SuperFanatic
Sep 20, 2012
Ames, IA

Thanks for setting the game up and all the work you did as mayor.

Reactions: cyfanatic13

CycloneNorth

Mar 29, 2010
Nashville, TN

Great game and good to have mafia back.

Reactions: cyfanatic13

cyfanatic13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Regarding #5, yes, Moores was solely responsible for recruiting me. And North had the reason nailed the day or two after it happened.

The mafia's successful recruit was after Day 2. Same day Fitzy threw out his moores theory which cows joined in on and apparently investigated that night.

Mafia didn't know cows was the NCAA at the time but could they still have recruited Fitzy thinking that vote/comment would have him viewed as an inno? He'd look good if moores (2nd highest vote getter that day) was voted out.
I do love when a theory ends up being right on the nose but never gains much traction

michaelrr1

Mar 30, 2006
WDM
Visit site
I’m curious… @michaelrr1 would you have gunned for Cubs or one of the other two?

Going into the last few days, I was sticking with wanting to go after any of the unknowns while there were still survivors from the "innocent" list. But the way Cubs came alive the final half day had me thinking he was probably mafia. He probably had to do that though since Bsalty verified Bret's stars, but never did for Cubs. If the last mafia hit had been Vikes or North, to me that would have looked like someone on the innocent list must be remaining mafia.

Reactions: Fitzy

michaelrr1

Mar 30, 2006
WDM
Visit site
As for revealing your role, I agree that generally I don't like to do it when everyone is told they are a specific role, such as if the regular innocent recruits would have been given real player names. If you say your name, no one can dispute that. But in this case, multiple people had the same number of stars, with no idea how many 2, 3, or 4 stars where in the game, so I think it's a little different. Plus we weren't sure what the Head Coach would appear as.