Ninth year of eligibility? This can't be real, can it?

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
His bio at OU ... Redshirted as freshman in 2016. Played full season as RS Freshman 2017. Then season-ending injuries thereafter, almost all early in season, so I'm guessing he was able to use injury redshirt each time.

CyJack13

May 21, 2010
  • Agree
Reactions: isucy86

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
Meh it's evident he's not going pro, if he can get his schooling paid for more power to him.
I would agree if he was striving to get his Doctorate. But the article mentioned taking yoga classes and maybe get an internship. Why not just make the leap and get a full time job. Dudes at least 26!

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I would agree if he was striving to get his Doctorate. But the article mentioned taking yoga classes and maybe get an internship. Why not just make the leap and get a full time job. Dudes at least 26!
Harder to hit on college freshmen when you have a full time job.

• Informative
Reactions: NWICY

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I think the NCAA should be more like NAIA. You get four years to play as long as you haven’t went pro. If you went to school and didn’t participate in a sport and at 32 you say hey I wish I would have and I think I can, go give it a whirl.

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
I don’t understand why people would care? Seems cool for him, he’s hardly been able to play from the sound of it.

Reactions: NWICY

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
I don’t understand why people would care? Seems cool for him, he’s hardly been able to play from the sound of it.
Don't care, but spending 8 years at 1 school seems funny.

There is a negative. I believe, even with the injury exemption, he is taking a scholarship that a HS senior could get.

Clonefan94

Oct 18, 2006
Schaumburg, IL
Don't care, but spending 8 years at 1 school seems funny.

There is a negative. I believe, even with the injury exemption, he is taking a scholarship that a HS senior could get.
My freshman year there was a guy on my dorm floor who was a junior. He was on the floor the next year as a senior. I moved off campus and two years later, I saw him at Welch Ave. Station. I asked him how it was going and found out he was still in school, but had finally moved out of the dorms that year.

I saw his roommate at a wedding a year later and he said the guy was still in school. As far as I know, he never even got a masters degree, but did have a couple undergrads. Not sure how it works. I always figured finally the school would tell you it’s time to leave.

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
My freshman year there was a guy on my dorm floor who was a junior. He was on the floor the next year as a senior. I moved off campus and two years later, I saw him at Welch Ave. Station. I asked him how it was going and found out he was still in school, but had finally moved out of the dorms that year.

I saw his roommate at a wedding a year later and he said the guy was still in school. As far as I know, he never even got a masters degree, but did have a couple undergrads. Not sure how it works. I always figured finally the school would tell you it’s time to leave.
I'm guessing if you are progressing in a degree program and your check doesn't bounce- the school will welcome you.

Reactions: Clonefan94