NIT

stateofmind

Jul 16, 2007
Ankeny
Man our fans think we are too far off the court. Check Vandy's arena. I forgot how weird that place is.

CoKane

Oct 26, 2013
Cedar Rapids
TBH I think that opting out of the NIT to get a head start on the next season might become more common from higher level basketball programs. If so, then good. I'd rather have Santa Clara get an opportunity in a tournament like that than UNC or Kentucky

Reactions: Acer88

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
The P6 schools that this is good for are the Nebraska's of the P6 group. A team that doesn't make the NCAA hardly ever, so if you have a decent team and think you can grow it, then it allows you an opportunity to put them through a tournament game set up. Otherwise, teams that make the NCAA on a regular basis don't care about it.

I guess Iowa is another example of team that its good for since they say finals of the NIT is better than losing first round of the NCAA.

swiacy

Apr 9, 2009
I watched the first half of the Az State/Nevada last night just to gloat how far Steve Alford has dropped in the coaching world. Nevada should have gone to the NIT just so he would have been on a smaller stage so his lack of coaching ability would be seen by less people.

Reactions: mjhavlo76

mjhavlo76

Jun 23, 2009
I watched the first half of the Az State/Nevada last night just to gloat how far Steve Alford has dropped in the coaching world. Nevada should have gone to the NIT just so he would have been on a smaller stage so his lack of coaching ability would be seen by less people.

Agree, another example of being a good player not necessarily translating into a good coach.