No. 9 Cyclones Set For Rematch With No. 22 Baylor

ChrisMWilliams

Publisher
Staff member
Bookie
Apr 10, 2006
Bondurant, Iowa
www.CycloneFanatic.com
AMES, Iowa - No. 9 Iowa State looks to build on its school-record tying eight-match winning streak Wednesday when it plays host to No. 22 Baylor at Hilton Coliseum. The Bears handed the Cyclones one of their three losses earlier this season in Waco. First serve is slated for 6:30 p.m.

Who: No. 9 Iowa State (17-3, 9-2 Big 12) vs. No. 22 Baylor (18-4, 7-4)
When: Wednesday, Oct. 28, 6:30 p.m.
Where: Hilton Coliseum (8,524)
Promotions: Get in FREE with RSVP to the event on the Iowa State Athletics page on Facebook.
Live Stats: Available at cyclones.com.
Live Video: Available to Clone Zone subscribers at cyclones.com.
Cyclone Volleyball on Twitter: Follow Cyclone Volleyball (CycloneVB) on twitter for Twitter Trivia during home matches. Between the second and third sets we'll pose a trivia question. Bring your answer to the marketing table on the north concourse for your chance to win a prize.

More at Iowa State University Athletics Official Web Site - www.CYCLONES.com - The home of Iowa State Cyclone Sports.

DaddyMac

Oct 18, 2006
Big match!

Need people there. Team is looking to host 1st and 2nd rounds of the NCAAs and season attendance is key to that.

Come on out Clones! What else you got to do on a Wednesday night?

High of 62 tomorrow - might have to do a bit of tailgating...

Last edited:

DaddyMac

Oct 18, 2006
ISU - undefeated in October. Riding an 8 match win streak. Haven't dropped a set at home all year.

Big test tonight!!!

hurdleisu24

Bookie
Sep 13, 2008
New York
Let down from what? They already had a game between neby. They rolled tech 3-0 saturday! If they would have had a let down, it would have been then.

hurdleisu24

Bookie
Sep 13, 2008
New York
I wasn't comparing them. I was just stating that if our girls were to have a let doen game it would be the game after neby and that was tech.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
I wasn't comparing them. I was just stating that if our girls were to have a let doen game it would be the game after neby and that was tech.

I agree with you. Let downs don't usually happen two games after a big win. :)

Dryburn

Apr 3, 2006
Somewhere in the U.S.
It makes sense that the letdown should have come against Tech. First of all, it was the first game after the big Nebraska win, and Baylor was next on the schedule, so they could have been looking ahead. Obviously, neither happened, so I don't see why there would be letdown tonight either.

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
It makes sense that the letdown should have come against Tech. First of all, it was the first game after the big Nebraska win, and Baylor was next on the schedule, so they could have been looking ahead. Obviously, neither happened, so I don't see why there would be letdown tonight either.

Texas Tech hasn't won a Big 12 match in two years.
We could have had a huge letdown, and we still would have won 3-0.
Tonight is the test.

hurdleisu24

Bookie
Sep 13, 2008
New York
I anxious to see how we deal with their setter. Our losses have occurred to teams that have setters that attack more than normal (I believe). Can't wait to see the plan CJ comes up with to remedy the situation.