Noon sports radio

AMarner32

Jul 11, 2013
What do y'all listen to? I prefer Rich Eisen over Jim Rome, but Eisen focuses on the NFL and at this time of year that's not what I want.

VTXCyRyD

Sep 2, 2010
I really miss having a local show. As bad as Cotlar was I miss Garmin and Cotlar over lunch. They usually had a lot of interviews that were Cyclone related.

Anymore I just listen to music over lunch

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
His cadence.

I'll flip to his show sometimes over lunch, but usually he's just being a blowhard.

He does good interviews when I hear them but I don't know the main themes of his show.

If he talks about NCAA basketball I might tune in more because I agree that Eisen just talks NFL all effing day.

AMarner32

Jul 11, 2013
I'll flip to his show sometimes over lunch, but usually he's just being a blowhard.

He does good interviews when I hear them but I don't know the main themes of his show.

If he talks about NCAA basketball I might tune in more because I agree that Eisen just talks NFL all effing day.
Yeah, Rome is actually great with interviews, I think. He gets well-known athletes and asks a good mix of questions.

Eisen is pretty funny and I like listening to him, but I get so tired of the NFL talk. It's great during the season but right now is perfect for college basketball talk. Rome talks a little bit about everything, but he's a blowhard just like you said. Drives me crazy.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
All you need to do is ration your CF podcasts wisely and you can have a 100% Cyclone powered lunch time listening experience like 4 out of 5 working days.

cyclonespiker33

SuperFanatic
Jan 19, 2011
I hate Eisen. I've never flipped over and heard him talk about anything other than NFL. So I immediately switch off of him. I don't mind listening to NFL talk if something important is happening but just a couple of days ago they were still talking about Malcolm Brown making the game winning superbowl play. Holy hell, move on. I miss Jay Mohr.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
I miss Jay Mohr. I know it's not KXNO's fault, Fox Sports is the one that made the programming change but Rich Eisen talks nothing but NFL and it gets pretty old. There is only so much NFL you can talk about for 3 hours.

AMarner32

Jul 11, 2013
I hate Eisen. I've never flipped over and heard him talk about anything other than NFL. So I immediately switch off of him. I don't mind listening to NFL talk if something important is happening but just a couple of days ago they were still talking about Malcolm Brown making the game winning superbowl play. Holy hell, move on. I miss Jay Mohr.
Well, seeing as the player who made the winning play was actually named Malcolm Butler, maybe you should have stayed tuned in! ;)

nboltz

Apr 9, 2006
Ames
I try to avoid Rome and Eisen, I usually listen to the Boomer and Carton podcast from earlier that morning.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron