Nope.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
So when Dendy misses a point blank layup last night, did you blame coach Mac? It goes both ways. It's not ALWAYS coach Mac's fault. Even if you hate the direction, don't you still support the kids who wear your school colors? Isn't that the point of fans? Or are we now like Hawkeye fans where we don't support the team unless they are good and winning. I understand if you need more time for family or don't want to spend the money, but being negative helps nothing. I partially say that to all the negativity. At least you have reasoned your displeasure.

Do people really think Coach Mac wakes up and wonders how he can misdirect this program anymore? We all need to step back from the ledge. There are a LOT of games left to make some noise.

DaddyMac

Oct 18, 2006
Your username and this thread = ironic.

My thoughts exactly. Perhaps he could change it from TRU to NON

I will give him credit. He laid it out there and signed his name to it. More than most would do.

Last edited:
Reactions: weR138

snowcraig2.0

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 2, 2007
Cedar Rapids, IA
Usually the coach teaches players how to make layups, yes.

That being said, do we need each person who is ****** off to start their own thread? Maybe we can merge the 3 ****** off threads into one giant ******* match?

:smile:

Reactions: Havs

CycloneYoda

Jan 27, 2009
I am done with Iowa State basketball.

Some background on me:
I am in my mid 30's and I have been going to games since the early 1980's with my dad. Back then my dad contributed to the Cyclone Club and we had two tickets in the corner of the upper deck. Gradually over time, his contributions increased and eventually plateaued to Captains level with seats in the parquet. Currently my dad and I split the cost of his tickets and Cyclone Club contributions.

This is why I am done:
I am at a point in my life where my time is just as valuable (if not more so) than money. I have 3 kids, ages 9, 7, and 4. I am no longer willing to waste my "free" time on watching, what I consider, underachieving and poorly coached basketball. I would much rather spend that time on my family and/or any number of other activities that I enjoy which do not make me angry or depressed when I am done with them. This doesn't take into account the financial investment which I am no longer willing to make.

What could bring me back:
With the current direction of the program, I see no reason to believe that things will change this year, or next. Honestly, I feel the only way this could change is if McD is let go and we some how land a coach that can take us in a new direction. I need optimism in the program to be willing to invest in it again.

Trust me, all of this makes me sad. I grew up a cyclone basketball fan, am an alumnus, and I want my kids to be fans as well. I really like McD, I just don't think he is the right fit for us. Before you rip my post apart, keep in mind this is just how I feel and I am not asking anyone else to follow in my footsteps, I just wanted to get my feelings off my chest.

Anyone else feel the way I do?

Brian Johnson
Class of 1997

I'd hate to see what happens when you lose in real life.

CycloneTony

Nov 3, 2007
Indianola
Not happy with our program either but its just a sport if you let it run your life than where is your life.

You were a fan through a

9-18 season in 81
10-17 in 82
12-19 in 91
12-18 in 98
12-19 in 02

and that is just in the 80's and up I could go back further

give up on the coach

but not the program we will get back to it soon.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
I agree 100%. Like I have said, I highly doubt I will buy season tickets next year. Its not worth my time. As far as the money aspect of it, I may just take the money I would have budgeted for Men's Basketball tickets and just increase my NCC donation. I just refuse to directly invest in Men's Basketball by purchasing season tickets.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Usually the coach teaches players how to make layups, yes.

That being said, do we need each person who is ****** off to start their own thread? Maybe we can merge the 3 ****** off threads into one giant ******* match?

:smile:

do you really think a player waited until college to be taught a "layup?". Guess all the other times he made one, it was an accident. The point was that a lot of the mistakes are out of the coach's hands. Sometimes, things just happen!

bufante

Nov 27, 2006
DMI
The irony is your name is 1truefan? Haha...I guess that was a misnomer huh?

I'm not happy either.

I love coming on here after a loss (this year) and seeing all of the same arguments and statements. Let's put some more facts on here that back up that we suck.

We have underachieved this year, well known fact. No need to go back into it all over again and again and again.

By the way, I won't be done with ISU ever. I'm a fan for life and I'll be here when something good happens.

Keep it real.

Reactions: CTAClone

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Good for you, you must be so proud of yourself.

Dec 28, 2009
Ames, IA
i'm a fan, i'll go to every game. but i would be soooooooooooooo much more excited for the upcoming season if mcd is gone! if he stays...........:dull:

Tedcyclone

Oct 27, 2009
West Des Moines
ill still watch on tv, but i only made it 3 min into the 2nd half last night. i still get happy when they win, but now its only a matter of 5 days before they get spanked again. so i guess ive given up, yes. i dont blame mac or the players, i just dont give a crap whos fault it is... we just are not that good. sucks.

4429 mcc

Aug 29, 2007
Wall Street
This guy is spending $3,500 a year to watch crap basketball. Would you pay $3,500 to watch these guys? When season ticket holders disappear that's when changes are made, like it or not.

Reactions: CycloneRulzzz

josh777

Apr 13, 2006
Never ceases to amaze me that someone crosses that line of thinking its a good idea to post such sentiments. The blueprint...

I am a longtime fan, love my team, but my money is to valuable to continue being spent on such a mediocre product. Until change is made I will no longer contribute. Don't get me wrong (always the classic beginning to the last point)...I like the coach but he has to go...if he doesn't I won't support the program any longer.

How can you not predict what anonymous posters are going to write after such an emotional confession on such an unoriginal topic?

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville

Some background on me:
I am in my mid 30's and I have been going to games since the early 1980's with my dad. Back then my dad contributed to the Cyclone Club and we had two tickets in the corner of the upper deck. Gradually over time, his contributions increased and eventually plateaued to Captains level with seats in the parquet. Currently my dad and I split the cost of his tickets and Cyclone Club contributions.

This is why I am done:
I am at a point in my life where my time is just as valuable (if not more so) than money. I have 3 kids, ages 9, 7, and 4. I am no longer willing to waste my "free" time on watching, what I consider, underachieving and poorly coached basketball. I would much rather spend that time on my family and/or any number of other activities that I enjoy which do not make me angry or depressed when I am done with them. This doesn't take into account the financial investment which I am no longer willing to make.

With the current direction of the program, I see no reason to believe that things will change this year, or next. Honestly, I feel the only way this could change is if McD is let go and we some how land a coach that can take us in a new direction. I need optimism in the program to be willing to invest in it again.

Trust me, all of this makes me sad. I grew up a cyclone basketball fan, am an alumnus, and I want my kids to be fans as well. I really like McD, I just don't think he is the right fit for us. Before you rip my post apart, keep in mind this is just how I feel and I am not asking anyone else to follow in my footsteps, I just wanted to get my feelings off my chest.

Brian Johnson
Class of 1997

While you actually did word this in not such an ******* way like most do, I think you take ISU Basketball way too seriously. I think a lot of people take it way too seriously. I don't, but I take football way too seriously. I will always be a fan. Part of being a fan is going through the bad times. It happens with every program of any sort out there. I think the fun is looking forward and being optimistic that this thing will turn around.

MNCyGuy

Jan 14, 2009
Des Moines

Some background on me:

This is why I am done:

Brian Johnson
Class of 1997

You're not done. If you were done you wouldn't be posting this.