Northwestern athletics issues

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque

So hazing happened, people talked, but no perps. And Fitzgerald gets to take a 2 week vacation during a period where his absence LEAST impacts the program.

What's a worse behavior hazing or gambling on sport? I would argue hazing because it physically or emotionally assaults/demeans another person. So shouldn't there be athlete/coach game suspensions for hazing.

Pope

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 7, 2015
I particularly enjoyed this sentence:

"While the investigation did not uncover evidence pointing to specific misconduct by any individual football player or coach, participation in or knowledge of the hazing activities was widespread across football players.”

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
I particularly enjoyed this sentence:

"While the investigation did not uncover evidence pointing to specific misconduct by any individual football player or coach, participation in or knowledge of the hazing activities was widespread across football players.”
Makes me wonder if this was more of a move to have ammo to can him if they have the season they’re expected to.

brett108

May 1, 2010
Tulsa, OK
So hazing happened, people talked, but no perps. And Fitzgerald gets to take a 2 week vacation during a period where his absence LEAST impacts the program.

What's a worse behavior hazing or gambling on sport? I would argue hazing because it physically or emotionally assaults/demeans another person. So shouldn't there be athlete/coach game suspensions for hazing.
Don’t screw around in front of the money. It’s an age old adage and perfectly explains the disproportionate consequences.

cyclone82

Sep 22, 2022
Is making a kid run around with a garbage can on their head considered hazing? I would think so.
It would be at any other place but isn’t at ******** university ….. really, the Sukeyes absolutely just have no socially redeeming value to offer to anyone…. Ever.