Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
Hardee's fried chicken
Cb3CdseUYAEVyRn

AirWalke

Aug 7, 2006
Des Moines
I've got a lot of nostalgia for video rental stores, especially once I started renting games. One thing missing from today's gaming is renting a game, starting a save file, and then renting the same game maybe a month later only to find that someone progressed your save file a little further. Almost felt like a co-op experience in that way.

90s baseball too. Used to go to games a lot on the weekends as a kid, and I was always upset when my parents made us leave early because they wanted to "beat traffic" at a minor league stadium. I don't think I realized how often it just meant that the team was losing. I just wanted to be able to stay until the 9th inning, dammit!

Compared to my kids today, who can't wait to leave games early, have dozens of games at their disposal over Game Pass, and will never know the pleasure of browsing the movie selection at Blockbuster.

AgronAlum

Jul 12, 2014
Born in the mid 80s

Taking the top and doors off the Jeep and jamming to some 311 on the way to the disc golf course
No smart phones
No social media
The early Call of Duty games
Freddie Couples golf on Game Gear during road trips
Renting Conkers Bad Fur Day over and over again because renting an inappropriate game was OK but buying wasn't for some reason.
Living that Jackass/CKY life
Affordable concerts

On a more serious level -
The hope that having a financially stable or thriving adulthood is easily attainable

Reactions: Gunnerclone

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Does anyone else remember discovery zone? That place was amazing.

Also, Pizza Hut. Not that they don’t have it now (and it still may taste the same), but it hit differently as a kid

It’s not just nostalgia, Pizza Hut pizza took a massive slide in quality in early 2000s, I remember being shocked at how gross the cheese tasted, like it almost wouldn’t melt.

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
What was the arcade machine where you sat in and drove a road race across the United States? If you picked the route that went I-80 across Iowa it was pretty boring to drive, but they totally nailed the look of our overpasses.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
I miss going to concerts where people are engaged with the music and the band/artist instead of just holding their phone up recording the whole show. Same with athletic games. Just enjoy the moment for yourself and the people around you.

I had a serious desire to rage at the Louvre when I think I was the only person looking at the Mona Lisa directly and not via taking crappy cell phone photography. That was 14 years ago, I’m sure it’s even worse unless they made a rule.

• Wow
Reactions: ClubCy

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
In-person multiplayer gaming as a whole. Online multiplayer, even with the same people, just doesn't do it for me.

What PC games did you play?

My wife played SimCity and Lemmings a bunch.

I had an AstroRock CD I played until Windows advanced to a point where it wouldn't run on PC any more.

Reactions: CYdTracked

TitanClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 21, 2008
Born in 92. N64 on an old box TV. Still have the same one running on a 70 inch TV now. Fresh Prince, TRL, the Sosa McGwire home run race is the first sporting event i really remember, oh and most importantly drooling over Topanga on Boy Meets World.

Reactions: 0u812

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
I had some pretty bad Godfathers pizza at the Omaha airport on Wednesday. Just saying.

Those
Godfathers express places aren't the same pizza. The crust is more like Pizza Hut pan.

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
After you had been waiting 5 minutes for a picture of a hot chick to load on screen.
Probably around 95 or so a couple of my buddies and me would always go to the library during study hall to use the computers.

My buddy is downloading an inappropriate pic and it freezes up on him just as the librarian is coming around to check on us. She totally bought his story that he clicked on something and some random picture of a naked woman just appeared.

• Haha
Reactions: CYdTracked

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
We were never really a godfather’s family.

That being said, I think a lot of it is being a kid and loving pizza, and nostalgia.

Because while I still like dominos, in my head it tasted so much better in college when I would have it late at night with friends. But I didn’t go to college that long ago and I was sober when I had it, so it wasn’t like they changed recipes/it was the alcohol talking

Domino's has changed recipes like three times over the last 15 years.

• Agree
Reactions: cyfanatic