Not sold on up coming season(especially)oline again

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
This take is always fun. I don’t disagree but that’s football. They won the game end of story. TCU made the plays and Michigan didn’t. Also TCU turned it over 3 times too people tend to forget.

Semantics but so is the 'they beat a team last year that won a national title this year' like ISU beating TCU this past season was good because TCU was the national runner up the year prior.

One season to the next might have lots of returning players but it's an entirely different season with different circumstances, some reloaded positions, etc.

It's why people getting hung up on the 2021 ISU season as some sort of missed opportunity is overplayed. You don't just beat a team in a season because you beat them the year prior, or the program has been bad.

• Agree
  • Disagree
Reactions: 83cy and jctisu

jctisu

Jun 11, 2017
Semantics but so is the 'they beat a team last year that won a national title this year' like ISU beating TCU this past season was good because TCU was the national runner up the year prior.

One season to the next might have lots of returning players but it's an entirely different season with different circumstances, some reloaded positions, etc.

It's why people getting hung up on the 2021 ISU season as some sort of missed opportunity is overplayed. You don't just beat a team in a season because you beat them the year prior, or the program has been bad.
Couldn’t disagree more. That Michigan team returned most of their talent at the key positions. TCU lost most of that talent, so no they weren’t the same team in any way. Losing a Heisman finalist at QB and their WR (forgetting his name) alone makes that team a shell of what they were. I just get sick and tired of people discrediting that really good TCU team all because of the Georgia game.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
So it is impossible to pull a guard and run misdirection with the FB? I've never professed to be a football expert, but I have a hard time believing that it is fait accompli that your hand is tipped when you put a FB in the game.

When your entire game plan is hand off, , delayed hand off waiting till the linebacker is in the backfield, pass short of the 1st down marker, punt it's not real hard to figure out..:rolleyes:

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Couldn’t disagree more. That Michigan team returned most of their talent at the key positions. TCU lost most of that talent, so no they weren’t the same team in any way. Losing a Heisman finalist at QB and their WR (forgetting his name) alone makes that team a shell of what they were. I just get sick and tired of people discrediting that really good TCU team all because of the Georgia game.

I'm saying the same thing about the two TCU teams.

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
Well according to the post I responded to you may be taking a blocker out of the play but that is okay because every defense knows to just follow our FB and that is where the ball carrier will be so there will be half a dozen defenders out of the play with the FB.
Maybe if we did that more than once every other game, teams would stop flowing to the fullback every time he’s in. But we don’t.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Went from Big 12 to the Watered Down 16 and people are still like “7 wInths isth a gweat sweazon wotters”

“Oh, and we’re gonna louth to Iowa evewe yewr just accwept it and move on Matt Campbwell is the best coach in CFB peewiod.”
Grammer police!

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
When your entire game plan is hand off, , delayed hand off waiting till the linebacker is in the backfield, pass short of the 1st down marker, punt it's not real hard to figure out..:rolleyes:

My favorite sequence in the modern era of ISU football is getting a couple of first downs on good looking plays or an explosive play to get in or close to the red zone, and the first play is a play clock draining cadence with 2 or 3 motions, off tackle run play.

It's only fair to let the defense get settled in and catch their breath.

Reactions: BigCyFan

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
I will make it simple. Do you expect Iowa State to beat TCU when we play? I do.

That is a totally different thing.

I said that TCU has been the better program. Would you not trade our last several seasons with theirs? I definitely would.

JEFF420

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 6, 2014
Michigan
The timeframe I referenced, since CMC:

Overall ISU 53 wins, TCU 58 wins
Head to Head ISU leads 5-3
Conference Championship games: ISU 0-1, TCU 0-2
ISU had a great season and won the Fiesta Bowl
TCU had a great season and won the Fiesta Bowl, then lost in the National Championship game.

Pretty similar to me. If a 58-point loss to Georgia swings your vote, fine.

you missed a playoff win.... literally the goal of every single team for the last 10 years

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
That is a totally different thing.

I said that TCU has been the better program. Would you not trade our last several seasons with theirs? I definitely would.

How far back are you going?

They've had some exceptional seasons paired up with being average or bad.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
How far back are you going?

They've had some exceptional seasons paired up with being average or bad.

Fine…. you guys win…. ISU has as good or better program than TCU has.

I still don’t think anyone outside of ISU fans would say that…. but whatevs.

Reactions: BigCyFan

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
My favorite sequence in the modern era of ISU football is getting a couple of first downs on good looking plays or an explosive play to get in or close to the red zone, and the first play is a play clock draining cadence with 2 or 3 motions, off tackle run play.

It's only fair to let the defense get settled in and catch their breath.
Oh yeah I've seen that, and don't forget thr long count to draw them off sides that usually gets us the delay of game

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Fine…. you guys win…. ISU has as good or better program than TCU has.

I still don’t think anyone outside of ISU fans would say that…. but whatevs.

Yeah let's talk in hyperbole responding to things that weren't said.

TCU has been better over the long haul for sure.

But most years they're a team that I could see ISU beating and wouldn't you know, ISU has beaten them or at least had a chance late many years.

What is CMC's record against them?

chadly82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 10, 2009
Yeah let's talk in hyperbole responding to things that weren't said.

TCU has been better over the long haul for sure.

But most years they're a team that I could see ISU beating and wouldn't you know, ISU has beaten them or at least had a chance late many years.

What is CMC's record against them?
Looks like Campbell is 5-3 against them so far

Reactions: Aclone

Help Support Us

Become a patron