Notebook: Boozer's time to shine

cc1091

Oct 10, 2007
Minneapolis
Yeaaaa Boozer..
You're about the only thing positive I can focus on about today's game (aside from the fact that it wasn't an L).

GeronimusClone

Oct 23, 2008
Des Moines, IA
Congrats Booze. I've been screaming for more playing time for this kid since last season. I'd rather have a hard worker who makes things happen than a guy who's going to sit around pouting that he isn't getting his time or looks.
Play him more Mac.

skibumspe

Oct 8, 2006
South Korea
From Peterson's post game article in the Register:

"We lacked a lot of things," McDermott said. "They were the tougher team, they played harder, they executed harder. We were just lucky that we had Charles Boozer on our team and they didn't. He saved us."

Glad Boozer is finally going to get some decent PT for the next few weeks....

Does anyone else think McD's quotes after each game sound about the same in regards to the other teams just doing a better job, playing tougher, executing harder, etc?

skibumspe

Oct 8, 2006
South Korea
Congrats Booze. I've been screaming for more playing time for this kid since last season. I'd rather have a hard worker who makes things happen than a guy who's going to sit around pouting that he isn't getting his time or looks.
Play him more Mac.

Right there w/ya....he was one I thought always deserved more minutes last season & this one.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
I'm impressed with Boozer's development the past couple of years. As a freshman, he definitely looked like a freshman, and was kind of frightening when he got in there.

Last year, he would hustle, and made some more plays, but showed often that he shouldn't be out there.

This year, he's shown himself to be much smarter as a player. His hustle is intact, his shot selection is much better, and he makes a real contribution out there.

Of course, today he was simply THE MAN. Without Boozer's contribution today, we don't win. It's pretty simple.

ISUonthemove

Jan 31, 2007
Altoona
McDermott has to find a way to bring up the intensity level in our guys. Boozer and Christopherson bring the kind of intensity we need at every position.

tigershoops31

Apr 13, 2006
Ames
He was getting a video from Redbox last night, maybe he watched Hoosiers...he should invite the rest of the team to watch it next time :wink:

DavClone

Apr 12, 2006
30 minutes from Hilton
"We lacked a lot of things," McDermott said. "They were the tougher team, they played harder, they executed harder. We were just lucky that we had Charles Boozer on our team and they didn't. He saved us."

Glad Boozer is finally going to get some decent PT for the next few weeks....

Does anyone else think McD's quotes after each game sound about the same in regards to the other teams just doing a better job, playing tougher, executing harder, etc?

Sounds like a coaching problem. Who is responsible for getting them ready? The lack of an offense, lack of any effort rebounding, lack of defense all goes back to the coach (or lack or coaching). I am getting sick of it.

jberryma

Oct 5, 2006
Sounds like a coaching problem. Who is responsible for getting them ready? The lack of an offense, lack of any effort rebounding, lack of defense all goes back to the coach (or lack or coaching). I am getting sick of it.

Disagree. You can be properly prepared for the game and not have the heart or want to compete. Sounds to me like the team/players right now don't have the heart, want to, or toughness to compete.

TedKumsher

Aug 30, 2007
Ames
McDermott has to find a way to bring up the intensity level in our guys. Boozer and Christopherson bring the kind of intensity we need at every position.
Maybe I need to watch closer. Intense is not a word I would use when referring to Christopherson. Not saying he's weak or anything . . .

Help Support Us

Become a patron