NY6 Bowl At-Large Bid

BMWallace

SuperFanatic
Sep 11, 2011
Chicago, IL
Stewart Mandel at The Athletic updated his bowl projections and has ISU at 8-3 with a loss to OU in the ccg. But he argues that the loss will not be enough for the committee to move behind BYU and out of the top 12, meaning we could earn an at-large bid. In his scenario, we would be going to the Fiesta to play Washington.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Stewart Mandel at The Athletic updated his bowl projections and has ISU at 8-3 with a loss to OU in the ccg. But he argues that the loss will not be enough for the committee to move behind BYU and out of the top 12, meaning we could earn an at-large bid. In his scenario, we would be going to the Fiesta to play Washington.

Who decides who goes to the NY6? Is the same Z the playoff committee? Because holy f*cking woof, that’s not a group I trust at all.

• Agree
Reactions: CycoCyclone

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
Who decides who goes to the NY6? Is the same Z the playoff committee? Because holy f*cking woof, that’s not a group I trust at all.

8 spots are already reserved. The other 4 will be the committee's next highest-ranked teams. And the committee assigns the matchups for the Fiesta, Cotton and Peach.

TexCyted

Oct 30, 2018
DFW
River Walk is closed as of yesterday I believe. Does not sound like it will be available during bowl season. Would not be shocked if Alamo Bowl cancels.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
I think it’s a valid point to make here for those that didn’t listen to the Blum/CW pod from Sunday that Blum said that all bowl games will essentially be “away” games functionally. Team goes down the day before, plays football, then comes back. There no week long celebration or festivities like normal bowl trips

SportsFan1

Oct 6, 2020
List of cancelled Bowl games is growing. Liability is a major issue and each game is basically its own individual entity. Lot to take on, get insurance for, etc.

MartyFine

Jul 7, 2009
Warren Co., IA
List of cancelled Bowl games is growing. Liability is a major issue and each game is basically its own individual entity. Lot to take on, get insurance for, etc.

Play 'em all at the UNI-Dome. Full on immunity for everything except gross negligence/intentional conduct in Iowa.

SportsFan1

Oct 6, 2020
Play 'em all at the UNI-Dome. Full on immunity for everything except gross negligence/intentional conduct in Iowa.

Eliminating travel would be a big help, but I am not sure how you can take that into account for matchups for the larger games with a small pool of teams eligible. Best case scenario would likely be they have some of the games, but the teams do not travel to the sites until 1-2 days before game, unlike most games where teams go out a week early. That is almost a certainty not to happen. How are they going to do the Rose Bowl? CA is not going to allow it, even the SF 49ers are not allowed to play at home.

Clonedogg

Sep 4, 2009
CR, IA
biblehub.com
Bowl games are ~4 weeks away, a lot can change between now and then (either way). Since the bowl experience will be more like an away game, you'd think bowls could wait longer until feeling the need to cancel.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Unfortunately I can see basically every bowl but the semis and title game getting cancelled and there are no guarantees there either. Just a crappy situation.
tenor.gif