*** Official #10 Illinois vs #4 IOWA STATE Game(Day) Thread ***

1TwistedCyclone

Jan 16, 2024
Cedar Falls
I'm ripped on a lot of coffee, sweating in anticipation, 9 pm is just too far away! Gotta pace myself but damnit Go Cyclones!!!!

Luckily it's opening day as well, so some nice relaxing baseball will help calm me down

Reactions: Jdk and Statefan10

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
does it mean I'm fully integrated into WI when I too, now cuss out IL plates on the interstate?

TBF, I have the belief that the Venn Diagrams of "FIBS" and "from Chicago here for vacation" groups make a circle therefore I have never been a FIB.
You're mostly integrated into Wisconsin but you're not fully integrated until you've had a beer with your kids. For most Wisconsinites, this happens when the kids are about age 9.

• Wow
  • Agree
Reactions: Acer88 and Kinch

bawbie

Staff member
Mar 17, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
Moor data. This is the game report from Haslametrics. It tracks similar info to kenpom, but with a slightly different algrotihm and some unique things. It tends to be more sensitive to recent games - one way that's reflected is that it has us #1 in opponents 3pt FG percentage.

It has us by 2 points, as the consensus from analytics is that this is a game that will come down to the last shot.

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
You're mostly integrated into Wisconsin but you're not fully integrated until you've had a beer with your kids. For most Wisconsinites, this happens when the kids are about age 9.
We have a photo of the oldest with his mouth on the lip of a stein at Essen Haus. He was.....9-10 months old.

• Winner
Reactions: jcyclonee

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
Moor data. This is the game report from Haslametrics. It tracks similar info to kenpom, but with a slightly different algrotihm and some unique things. It tends to be more sensitive to recent games - one way that's reflected is that it has us #1 in opponents 3pt FG percentage.

It has us by 2 points, as the consensus from analytics is that this is a game that will come down to the last shot.

Who needs sleep

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis

Since it's a little under 2, I guess I'd accept a score of 75.2 to 73.3 but I'd prefer a margin of closer to 7.1, for my own sanity.

Kinch

Sep 19, 2021
Our family vacations consisted of us going to Minnesota, Wisconsin and St. Louis and touring the breweries so dad could get a free sample.

cyclonehomer

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 2, 2019
What! I had no idea that it burned, we were in that area last summer and they were doing a major construction project in that area.
I had the chance to stay there this past fall after the fire. The main restaurant and everything was closed but most of the lodging was still available. We had to walk down the mountain to get to a restaurant the night we arrived but otherwise, had no issues.

Cannot recommend the north shore area enough, Superior is absolutely beautiful and the elevation changes/variation blew my mind on the first visit up that way.

• Agree
Reactions: Acer88

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron