*** Official #10 Oklahoma vs #6 IOWA STATE Big 12 Conference Championship Game(Day) Thread ***

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I do think if Purdy had more time to throw, some of those would have turned out fine. That being said, He needs a senior year to polish his game before the NFL.

**** polishing him for the NFL.

He's been at his worst when he's forced into the 'NFL ready' pocket passer role and that's not where he excels.

Clonefan94

Oct 18, 2006
Schaumburg, IL
This was a tough loss, but at least we got there. Unfortunately, this game played out exactly like I knew it would. Learn from it. The coaches have more to gain than anyone by watching this over again and again. We should have atwo minute strategy in place for these situations. No reason we should have been scrambling like that on the last play.

cytor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2011
Again, special teams were the difference today. 10 points difference.

Iluvteak

Oct 5, 2019
Tough one for Purdy. He was reaching at the end for sure.

Game thoughts. Our Oline was beat down .. especially the center. But his opponent was a beast, that nose guard. Our offensive strategy was off. Today is proof. Purdy > Breece. RB’s don’t win the big games.

Have you not realized Purdy needs to be in action to get warmed up. He’s a gamer man. He can’t just be handoff guy and then light it up on 3rd down. He needs to be involved. He feeds on slants and the occasional deep route. My opinion we’ve done a crap job of getting him in rhythm. He is the focus not Breece. RB’s don’t win the big games anymore.

CyState85

May 8, 2019
Perrion Winfrey (DL) is a future first rounder for sure. He probably should have had 3-4 sacks today. Solid player

isucyfan

Speechless
Apr 21, 2006
Saint Paul, MN
Yeah I'm not "against" our players. I mistook him for a senior and simply hoped, in that wrong case, he wouldn't take the extra covid year of eligibility and put our next QB an extra year behind in developing. I was wrong. But I maintain his decision making is a bigger issue than his upside in big games, and that his deep ball keeps losing accuracy and was better his freshman year.
How big of a fan are you really, if you don't even know what year Purdy is?

You think Dekkers or Bouman are ready as freshmen to step in and be better? I'm rolling with Purdy this year and next. He's brought us to where we are, poor judgment at times or not. Never before, in the history of ISU Football, have we had as good of a QB. Have you taken a look at the record books lately?

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I'll take Purdy for another year.
He makes mistakes, everyone does. He is the best QB in school history and he attained that in roughly 25 games. He is close to being on the Mt Rushmore of all time players in ISU football.

Reactions: isucyfan

cytor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2011
He makes mistakes, everyone does. He is the best QB in school history and he attained that in roughly 25 games. He is close to being on the Mt Rushmore of all time players in ISU football.
Agreed. Even the best NFL qb's throw picks when harassed all day long. Purdy is a fine QB and I am looking forward to him leading ISU next season.

ZRF

Jan 3, 2015
Look, Purdy's 3 picks were bad, no doubt. He was harassed all day long.

This game was lost on special teams: 10 easy points for OU at critical moments. 10 points! Special teams killed us all year.

The reason why Purdy doesn't throw deep is because he doesn't have the WR threat this year. This year's offense was built on the run and the TE's.

ISU simply made too many mistakes today. If they played it clean, ISU wins by 10.

He cant throw the deep ball unless it was to Butler who would literally go up and grab everything. I think it was the Texas game where Milton beat everyone deep twice and Brock was off. His deep ball acxuracy just isnt what it needs to be.

• Agree
Reactions: madguy30

cytor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2011
He cant throw the deep ball unless it was to Butler who would literally go up and grab everything. I think it was the Texas game where Milton beat everyone deep twice and Brock was off. His deep ball acxuracy just isnt what it needs to be.
All the more reason for him to come back for his senior year and work on it.

• Agree
Reactions: Lineup

CloneDontCare

Jul 27, 2009
How big of a fan are you really, if you don't even know what year Purdy is?

You think Dekkers or Bouman are ready as freshmen to step in and be better? I'm rolling with Purdy this year and next. He's brought us to where we are, poor judgment at times or not. Never before, in the history of ISU Football, have we had as good of a QB. Have you taken a look at the record books lately?

A casual fan. Those allowed? Attend a home game every two years, was at our bowl last year, attend our tournament bball games. Watch 75% of football games. But I ditched the online boards mostly a few years ago and was only confused about Brock because someone else mentioned he can have another year from covid, and my brain short circuited that into him being a senior. It's a pandemic, dude. It's been an absolute insane year where time has lost all meaning. The President of the United States is quite *literally* entertaining calls to institute Martial Law to overthrow the election he lost. I'm sorry I didn't remember the age of a college kid, as I acknowledged several times.

I get that my post was wrong, but ya'll need to ask who is worse for the fan base. A casual who enters with a take based on a dumb error, or everyone else who piles on mercilessly and says you're not a real fan so GTFO Jebus. This is less about Purdy to me and more about being genuinely excited at what the next QB like Dekkers may bring, and being overexcited to see it because those INTs were just so crazy painful to see. That's all.

Am definitely leaving it there and taking another year break from the board, lmao. I'll double check the years next time, noted.

• Friendly
Reactions: NWICY

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
A casual fan. Those allowed? Attend a home game every two years, was at our bowl last year, attend our tournament bball games. Watch 75% of football games. But I ditched the online boards mostly a few years ago and was only confused about Brock because someone else mentioned he can have another year from covid, and my brain short circuited that into him being a senior. It's a pandemic, dude. It's been an absolute insane year where time has lost all meaning. The President of the United States is quite *literally* entertaining calls to institute Martial Law to overthrow the election he lost. I'm sorry I didn't remember the age of a college kid, as I acknowledged several times.

I get that my post was wrong, but ya'll need to ask who is worse for the fan base. A casual who enters with a take based on a dumb error, or everyone else who piles on mercilessly and says you're not a real fan so GTFO Jebus. This is less about Purdy to me and more about being genuinely excited at what the next QB like Dekkers may bring, and being overexcited to see it because those INTs were just so crazy painful to see. That's all.

Am definitely leaving it there and taking another year break from the board, lmao. I'll double check the years next time, noted.

You have to be a ******* idiot not to know Purdy is a junior.

isucyfan

Speechless
Apr 21, 2006
Saint Paul, MN

Alright, I'll cut you some slack. Glad you said you were wrong for wanting to move on from the best QB we have ever had. I hope the next man in is even better, but know that Purdy is the one who got us to where we are today.

Reactions: CloneDontCare

CapnCy

Jul 6, 2010
Look, Purdy's 3 picks were bad, no doubt. He was harassed all day long.

This game was lost on special teams: 10 easy points for OU at critical moments. 10 points! Special teams killed us all year.

The reason why Purdy doesn't throw deep is because he doesn't have the WR threat this year. This year's offense was built on the run and the TE's.

ISU simply made too many mistakes today. If they played it clean, ISU wins by 10.
Especially that'd return prior to half. That quick score hurt.

• Agree
Reactions: Die4Cy