*** Official #13 IOWA STATE vs Texas Tech Game(Day) Thread ***

Cyclonefan710

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 19, 2012
I don’t know why it took this long into the big 12 season for teams to realize that just because a player is out there doesn’t mean you have to actually guard him.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Conspiracy theories aside the real problem coming out of this game is that anyone who doesn't press ISU is stupid, that's more than just a fluke now. No one is going to guard Lipsey, they were able to completely shut down our points in the paint with Lipsey's defender just looking to help. The last part is beyond my bball knowledge, but being unable to stop that switch and ISO for 15 mins is all kinds of terrifying with the much better teams and coaches coming up.

How is the free point flop a conspiracy? It’s horrifically bad. Who cares about the why? The what and how are crystal clear.

ClonerJams

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 26, 2022
Time to adjust expectations again. Dreaming of a 2 or 3 seed and Big 12 title was fun after hoping just making the tournament; now thinking 5 or 6 more likely, which is fine given preseason expectations. We're just not a good road team.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
You don’t like me because I kept telling you Prohm wasn’t fit for the job two years ago and you couldn’t stand that fact.

I’m well aware that Bob don’t single handily lose us this game, but the fact still stands that he isn’t a D1 basketball player and shouldn’t see minutes for this team.

I mean, sometimes Bob is the only option given our personnel. But he's in there in some puzzling situations, especially late when his FT% is a huge concern most games.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
We were in a zone a decent amount and Lipsey just got abused by Harmon.

He is exactly the type of player we’re missing which is someone that can go get you a bucket when you need one.
Holmes had been that guy for us in a lot of Big 12 games so far. He was pretty off his game tonight.

Darius Bieber

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 22, 2017
San Antonio, TX
Time to adjust expectations again. Dreaming of a 2 or 3 seed and Big 12 title was fun after hoping just making the tournament; now thinking 5 or 6 more likely, which is fine given preseason expectations. We're just not a good road team.
Might even be a higher seed. Still need to play at Texas, at Baylor, and at KState, all of which are probably losses the way we’ve played on the road.

• Agree
Reactions: tim_redd

ISUChippewa

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
You don’t like me because I kept telling you Prohm wasn’t fit for the job two years ago and you couldn’t stand that fact.

I’m well aware that Bob don’t single handily lose us this game, but the fact still stands that he isn’t a D1 basketball player and shouldn’t see minutes for this team.

Nope. I was as ready as anyone else to move on from Prohm two years ago.

I don't like you because you're an arrogant tool who thinks way too highly of himself and you don't even have the common courtesy or decency to offer to leave the tip on a meal that someone bought for you. Total D-bag move.

HoustonClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006
It would be really nice if Tamin could shoot even 30% from 3. That's all it would take

I'll admit I've not looked as his prep stats to see if he was successful (or at least adequate) shooting from deep. I am assuming he CAN shoot if given the green light, right? Maybe?

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Yeah even if they weren't as bad as most think they were, including me, to say they were FINE is just being obtuse. In no way were the officials fine.

Every game ever played has a half dozen plays or more like they called that “flop” on. That is the worst rule in American sports right now, worse than the targeting inconsistency in cfb. I don’t know if I’d trust the best nba officials to make that judgement and these college refs that clearly suck should never be making that call.

Help Support Us

Become a patron